Does my zoa look ok

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melissajk

Aquarium Advice Freak
My first zoa, I bought it 1 1/2 weeks ago. I had to get rid of my peppermint shrimp because he was tearing up the zoas. I found pices around in the tank. Since I got rid of the shrimp part of the zoas has not opened.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1391309997112.jpg
    1391309997112.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 152
I took this picture today. Looks like something is going on

Attachments

• 1391357268880.jpg
    1391357268880.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 132
How long have the light been on? Have you checked your nitrate and ammonia level? This may cause them to close up. What's your temp reading?

I had just turned on the lights.amo Ion the upper left corner there is a bald spot. My ammonia and nitrates are 0. Also is it normal to see slimy stuff hanging off of the pods.

Yes a slime coat is normal be careful when touching. Always wash your hands after. some zoas are toxic (fatally so) give them some time after the lights come on. The take a minute. Whenever lights go out your ph will drop and that's okay because it'll rise again when your lights are on:)

Well today looking at my zoa. It looks like it is disintegrating. I went to the store, I bought a dip. So tonight I died it and did a 25% water change. I hope this will save it.

Check all parameters somethings wrong if they disintegrating. Did you try moving em? Maybe not enough light or flow where you have em.

I moved them higher up in the aquarium. My test kit for calcium and magnesium is on order. Alkaline is at 9. My phosphates are high. I've been feeding to much. I have cut back and the water change should help. I hope :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom