Dying yellow tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawaits

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just went to my LFS (local fish store) and noticed they have a yellow tank in a tank full of clown fish and the clown fish were stealing the tangs food and attacking the tang? Starved and beaten it looks like it's about to die I don't have to money if you are in the Lynchburg area please someone go buy it

I want to buy him I just don't have the money and I dont think he will live much longer

I got the tang my girlfriend helped pay for him I am so worried about him though he is super skinny and won't eat the alge in the tank and suggestions

Wow that's pretty nice of u and her to take that risk post a pic if u can

You have this post in the nano section. I hope he`s not in a small tank. Just wondering?

Unfortunately he is but only for a few weeks until I build a large tank or find him another home I just can't watch him die in that tank y'all

You shouldn't have bought. Once a fish passes a certain point, they cannot be saved. It will probably die and the store got their money.

Ugh really can i post a picture and can y'all tell if he is past or what are the signs of him passing

What y'all think

Attachments

• image-1211873268.jpg
    image-1211873268.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 175
Another one

Attachments

• image-2112776807.jpg
    image-2112776807.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 157
Just try to get it to eat and you could buy a garlic liquid made by Kent and soak the food in it that will bring it's immune system up

Can yall post links to it on amazon I'll try anything

You should be able to buy it at your lfs or even petco/petsmart. Also, try buying omega one kelp flakes if it doesn't eat the seaweed strips. That's what I do with mine and mine is obese.

My Kole Tang refuses to eat any pellets/flakes, but goes crazy for dried green seaweed. I have him in QT, so I can moniter his (nearly non existent) feeding. He also loves the green hair algae on the glass. Although he wiped the small QT tank out of it in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom