Evans 20 Gallon Nano Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi, I just finished reading the whole post. But I dont remember reading about you having a protein skimmer!! And if you dont then im gonna be doind the same thing you did cause im like crazy trying to build a good filter and all that but it seems you have a hang on filter!! Your tank looks really nice.

elpezloco said:
Hi, I just finished reading the whole post. But I dont remember reading about you having a protein skimmer!! And if you dont then im gonna be doind the same thing you did cause im like crazy trying to build a good filter and all that but it seems you have a hang on filter!! Your tank looks really nice.

His tank is a 10 gal and a protein skimmer isn't needed on a nano tank.

elpezloco said:

Yeah I was told a protein skimmer wasn't needed for this size tank! :) I got the tank and filter new for 40$ and a carbon type thing for my filter! :)

Oooh ok!! So i guess for a 17 gallon tank I dont necesarlly need one either??

Im sorry im just asking cause Im building a tank from scratch. And its an acylic tank and I want to make it a nano reef tank but im kind of lost in some areas.

elpezloco said:
Im sorry im just asking cause Im building a tank from scratch. And its an acylic tank and I want to make it a nano reef tank but im kind of lost in some areas.

You probably wouldn't need one on a 17gal tank.

Just picked up a 30 gallon tank with everything needed for it, for $50! :) but it's not gonna be salt :( its gonna be a livebearer tank! But I'm still pretty excited!

obscurereef said:
Good deal. Maybe one of these days you will have an SW upgrade :).

Yeah, when my photography career takes off and I'm making a good income an upgrade is definitely in store!

And my dad was talking about building a 200 gallon reef from scratch soon, so maybe that will happen in the next few years! :)

obscurereef said:
Wow that would be a drastic upgrade. Seems random, but exciting news possibly!

Haha it would be at his house, so it would be more his tank and not mine! :) but still, it would be our project!

obscurereef said:
His tank, but you can do a lot of the "fun stuff" of setting it up and getting the credit. :D

Yeah! :) and get the credit for documenting it for oh guys! :)

People call my dad the most interesting man in the world! And he's very intelligent! He's been diving for years and years, has over 2000 dives all around the world, loves the ocean! And he does stuff once, and does it right! (knock on wood) so I know if he were to do this project, that it would be pretty amazing! :)

He wants to build everything, the tank, the stand etc, so wel see! Im convincing more and more each week to do it! :)

Photographing a Halloween party tonight! Can anyone guess who I am?

Attachments

• image-3897871663.jpg
    image-3897871663.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 150
  • image-3964093827.jpg
    image-3964093827.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 161
Tank pictures update!

Attachments

• image-1960264385.jpg
    image-1960264385.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 145