Evans 20 Gallon Nano Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice looking tank with them leds there evan :) proud of you lol, keep me updated on how it is, i skipped on the led route when i got my lights, went with more power in a 6 bulbs fixture.. But im now shopping for a new tank! I have leaks all around my rim, salt creep on the outside of my tank:( is it a fixture from china or ebay by chance? Also what clam do u plan on owning!?

Nice looking tank with them leds there evan :) proud of you lol, keep me updated on how it is, i skipped on the led route when i got my lights, went with more power in a 6 bulbs fixture.. But im now shopping for a new tank! I have leaks all around my rim, salt creep on the outside of my tank:( is it a fixture from china or ebay by chance? Also what clam do u plan on owning!?

I have some salt creep on the outside as well occasionally.

I got it from a local reefer and I'm not quite sure where he got them from. But I trust him. They were only like 3 months old. Look brand new

Yeah, its just so ugly to look at... And cleaning is a pita. I want to buy a rimless.. I was thinking of sealing the inside under the black rim on a water change day..

And im glad u like them! Hope ur livestock and corals do as well!

sorry for stealing the spotlight but im getting a 20

and want to stock as you can see i have enough cuc lol what else can i add 2x Ocellaris Clowns
1x yellow watchman goby
1x pistol shrimp
1x sand sifting sea star

Clean Up Crew
1x Scarlet cleaner Shrimp
1x peppermint shrimp
3x nassarius snails
5x astrea snails
5x dwarf red leg hermit crabs
2x porcelain crabs

2x feather duster
1x bubble anemone

Yeah, but after the 2 Ocellaris Clowns That will be it for that size of tank. You don't want to bioload your tank too much with fish. If you don't have a skimmer GET 1... that will save your bacon (corals actually)... Most LPS and softies come from lagoons or shallow reefs that are used to somewhat dank water (Meaning Nutrient Rich), If you are wanting to venture into some more expensive LPS or SPS. They will require more pristine water which skimming will help produce, unless you just LOVE doing water changes because that is what you will be in for by feeding your fish. Try feeding sparingly just what they can eat in 2-3 minutes no more... Also, you can try feeding every other day... That is another good recommendation as it gives the biological filter a chance to do it's job a bit better.

Hope this helps!
Tom

i just changed my nano reef into a 75 gallon monster!!!!!

Then you are good to go. She will love the tank that is for sure and it should actually cut down on her aggressive tendencies as long as the other fish stay out of her territory.

Happy Reefing!
Tom

You would love it! I messed up and got involved in saltwater and now I feel like I have to have planted and reef tanks. :) Imagine how addicting FW tanks are and multiply it by 100. Then you'll have how addicting SW is. Lol.

I know I would love it. But my hubby would hate it. He doesn't like any of my tanks. He's not into the fishes like I am. Maybe later this year I will look into a nano tank.

I know I would love it. But my hubby would hate it. He doesn't like any of my tanks. He's not into the fishes like I am. Maybe later this year I will look into a nano tank.

Lol. My boyfriend was that way until I got saltwater. So there's hope. :)

I'm not quite sure on the brand really, but I don't think they're knockoffs. The best lfs in San Diego sells them for 240$. They look very similar to taotronics.

But oh well, I'm happy with them! :) I guess that's all that matters. And that they grow corals haha

Back
Top Bottom