Evans 20 Gallon Nano Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Didn't have to wait. Lol. Looks great! I'm glad your wellso is coming back! :)

Thanks man! :) for only paying 10$ for it, I'm really happy with it. Is it the most the colorful coral, well it wasn't, but it's turning into a beautiful coral!

I don't run a Skimmer on mine either. And back to the frag vs colony. Colonies look better but if you're like me you'll like to see the growth of your corals over time, even if it is a really long time, and starting small is the easiest way to do that IMO. Also it's a little easier on the wallet lol.

I don't run a Skimmer on mine either. And back to the frag vs colony. Colonies look better but if you're like me you'll like to see the growth of your corals over time, even if it is a really long time, and starting small is the easiest way to do that IMO. Also it's a little easier on the wallet lol.

Frags do eventually grow, and it depends on the size of your tank how a coral looks! I have a small tank, so a frogspawn with 3 heads looks like a colony, and a med size gonipora looks huge! It's all about ratio in comparison to your tank! My coral in a 55 would like microscopic! :) that's what's great about a small tank, smaller corals look big!

To me, I try to get as natural as possible, so I enjoy the bigger colonies! But starting out with frags is the best way to get into coral

Im skimmerless as well! But not for long! Im planning my upgrade! Tearing down alot of tanks to have just one big reef :) no bigger then 100 gals

Haha patience is key! And for me, try to save up for nice colony pieces! Colonies look so much better than frags haha. In my opinion

I agree patience is key. Frags grow into colonies, it's nature, we've got the opportunity to watch nature at its finest. I'm placing smaller corals where I like them and then sit back and enjoy. It's all a matter of perspective, you understand that. Right shooter?

When i first started reef i bought a lot of colonies and put it in nano tank then they stung and killed each other ! I lost BIG $$$
I recommend that you guys should start with frags and give them some space to grow :)

When i first started reef i bought a lot of colonies and put it in nano tank then they stung and killed each other ! I lost BIG $$$
I recommend that you guys should start with frags and give them some space to grow :)

Sorry to hear that! Everyone has different experiences with things! So far I've had good experiences with everything (knock on wood)

Sorry to hear that! Everyone has different experiences with things! So far I've had good experiences with everything (knock on wood)

Wish you live close to me man im shutting down my tank and im gonna give some coral for free

Think I'm picking up a clam today!

Think I'm picking up a clam today!

Right on right on! And about the colonies stinging each other. I saw a documentary of the coral reef at night and it was unreal how they all fight at night! I was really impressed with it but unfortunately I don't remember what it was called. And vazter im in Springfield! Pm me

Right on right on! And about the colonies stinging each other. I saw a documentary of the coral reef at night and it was unreal how they all fight at night! I was really impressed with it but unfortunately I don't remember what it was called. And vazter im in Springfield! Pm me

My tanks coming next week and i will let you know :)

Back
Top Bottom