Evans 20 Gallon Nano Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unfortunately 1 clown in a 10g is overstocking. :( Sucks because they're the most amazing fish ever.

I have 3 big pieces and 1 smaller piece! After hours of trying to find what worked best, I think the latest one I had was the best. The cave thing I tried and failed haha! The pieces just didn't fit. But I'm going to change it a few hundred times more in the next few days haha!

scottayy said:
Unfortunately 1 clown in a 10g is overstocking. :( Sucks because they're the most amazing fish ever.

I see a lot of people say that, but I definitely see people with then in 10 gallons also. So I'm confused on that.

They have them in there for a while but move them when they get closer to fully grown.

Khij159753 said:
They have them in there for a while but move them when they get closer to fully grown.

So what would you guys suggest getting? I know 12 gallon is small, but I'm open to different fish and everything. I want them to be happy and healthy

What do you guys look for when buying live rock?

I'm going to get one more piece today to give my tank some height, and I'm worried about picking a bad piece! You guys have any suggestions when choosing live rock?

I look for more porus stuff so it's good for filtration, and also stuff that could potentially make little holes for fish to hide. They don't need giant caves. Just holes and crevasses that they can fit in and know no one can sneak up on them.

Tonight's update, and Rescape yet again

Ammonia dropping steadily :) very good! And nitrites and nitrates are pretty High!

I think I like this new scape pretty well! Critique?

Attachments

• image-355047923.jpg
    image-355047923.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 177
  • image-1186708866.jpg
    image-1186708866.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 217
Is it me or is my tank almost done cycling?! :D

Ammonia is at 0

Nitrates and nitrites lowering! :) I'm getting excited!

Can anyone tell me what that thing growing under the rock is in the center of photo?! They're on a lot of my live rock! Hope it's it had

Attachments

• image-3374670442.jpg
    image-3374670442.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 192
  • image-3254093741.jpg
    image-3254093741.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 190
  • image-3585623932.jpg
    image-3585623932.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 230
Just went to petco to get some water testing done! Ammonia is 0. Nitrite is 0.5 and nitrate is a 40! Once my nitrite hits 0 is it safe to add a clean up crew?

Evansimp said:
Just went to petco to get some water testing done! Ammonia is 0. Nitrite is 0.5 and nitrate is a 40! Once my nitrite hits 0 is it safe to add a clean up crew?

Once nitrite hits zero, do a BIG pwc to get your nitrates as low as possible. Maybe 5-10pmm. Then add a cleanup crew!

Bearchumjs said:
Once nitrite hits zero, do a BIG pwc to get your nitrates as low as possible. Maybe 5-10pmm. Then add a cleanup crew!

Sounds great! Thank you for Lapp your help throughout this! It is greatly appreciated!

Evansimp said:
I don't know how Lapp got added in there :O

LOL! Autocorrect? Im glad my help has been useful. I just cycled my first saltwater tank too. I had alot of great help getting through it. What are you planning for a CUC?

Back
Top Bottom