Evans 20 Gallon Nano Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think so... I think my tank is crashing. Overnight it looks like 2 of my sps have completely bleached... And now almost all my corals are showin bad signs of stress! I have no idea why

Nothing fell in the tank on accident? I hope everything turns out better! How's the salinity look?

Not that I know of. Fish look as healthy as can be. But the coral are just stressing like crazy! White stuff coming out of almost every soft coral. :(

Salinity is 1.024

Whats the ph like as im sure you might know it swings throughout the day.

Its hard to see in some of the pictures, but things arent doing well.

Some of the Birdsnest is bleaching.

Frogspawn and zoas arent opening.

Montipora looks almost completely bleached.

But some other corals are doing totally fine....

You have a frag tank right? You may wanna try moving what is having trouble over there for a bit.

Or as probably the best idea, do a large water change if you haven't yet.

If you are referring to the white tips on the Birdsnest it could be new growth . My montipora also lost some of its color when I switched to LED's but it recovering now.

If you are referring to the white tips on the Birdsnest it could be new growth . My montipora also lost some of its color when I switched to LED's but it recovering now.

I don't think it's growth. I know what that looks like and this isn't it unfortunately. And I've had the LEDs for a few months now and the monti has been in the same spot that whole time and always looked orange. Just over night it bleached... So I don't think it's my lights. But thanks for your input

Do a huge water change. Maybe 3 or 4 back to back 25% pwcs. I don't know what's making the coral angry, but lots of fresh clean water has to help, right?

Back
Top Bottom