Evans 20 Gallon Nano Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bearchumjs said:
LOL! Autocorrect? Im glad my help has been useful. I just cycled my first saltwater tank too. I had alot of great help getting through it. What are you planning for a CUC?

Haha gotta love autocorrect sometimes! :)

I honestly have no idea.. I was going to ask all of you guys!

Really nothing for them to clean up yet! I would get a fish now and CUC when they have something to eat.

spoonman said:
Really nothing for them to clean up yet! I would get a fish now and CUC when they have something to eat.

Makes sense! Now if I wanted to eventually have 2 of the smallest clownfish, should I buy them one at a time or 2 together? Or should I do firefish gobies instead?! I'm torn on which to choose

Firefish will be less bioload. But clowns are always fun. Whatever you pick add them at the same time.

Khij159753 said:
Firefish will be less bioload. But clowns are always fun. Whatever you pick add them at the same time.

Like the 2 clowns or 2 firefish. Don't add all the fish you want at once haha

Evansimp said:
Makes sense! Now if I wanted to eventually have 2 of the smallest clownfish, should I buy them one at a time or 2 together? Or should I do firefish gobies instead?! I'm torn on which to choose

Do firefish instead. Clowns need bigger tanks.

I just really want a fish with personality! I like when they interact with their environment! Like a clown and an anemone. I don't know much about firefish gobies, but I will do some more research on them

scottayy said:
Watchman gobies and pistol shrimp are awesome to watch.

I totally agree!! I watched a video on YouTube of convict's goby/shrimp pair and it was awesome. I'd get one if i had a 10 Gal!

Sounds fun! Does a pistol shrimp count as a fish or CUC?! Just want to make sure I don't over stock!

Yeah I wouldn't count it towards your fish load. It's an invert so basically CUC.

I added a pistol shrimp yesterday.
Te shrimp picked the burrow and the watchman rarely leaves the site.

Attachments

• image-3912465472.jpg
    image-3912465472.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 195
Ofcourse he moves after I post that he never leaves.
But I would recommend these guys.

Attachments

• image-1999986652.jpg
    image-1999986652.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 216
Great! :) I will look into getting one when my nitrates lower! What would be a good tank mate for them?

In a ten, well. In my 14 I have 2 clowns, a yellow watchman, and a court jester goby.
I dont see why you couldn't do 2 smaller clowns and a smaller goby. Aslong as your religious with your pwcs. :)

Zactheninja said:
In a ten, well. In my 14 I have 2 clowns, a yellow watchman, and a court jester goby.
I dont see why you couldn't do 2 smaller clowns and a smaller goby. Aslong as your religious with your pwcs. :)

It's actually a 12 gallon! So there is a little more room! Im good about water changes as well, so wel see what I can do! :) I'm going to take it slow

Evansimp said:
It's actually a 12 gallon! So there is a little more room! Im good about water changes as well, so wel see what I can do! :) I'm going to take it slow

Yes you surely need to take it slow, maybe a fish a month.

It's all about adding 1 fish at a time and letting everything settle and seeing how fast your nitrates go up. In my 29 gallon I have a firefish a YWG and a scooter blenny and my nitrates actually go down even when I don't do WC. Also adding plenty of liverock and creating tons of caves will help tons with keeping the fish from getting stressed and it'll help filter your water so you can have that many fish :p

Khij159753 said:
It's all about adding 1 fish at a time and letting everything settle and seeing how fast your nitrates go up. In my 29 gallon I have a firefish a YWG and a scooter blenny and my nitrates actually go down even when I don't do WC. Also adding plenty of liverock and creating tons of caves will help tons with keeping the fish from getting stressed and it'll help filter your water so you can have that many fish :p

That's good to know! Thank you! :) I'm gonna check my nitrates and nitrates today and if things are good, I may do a big Pwc and see if my local fish store has a watchman goby! :) and then I'll wait a while before anything else!

When is it safe to get corals?

Back
Top Bottom