Evans 20 Gallon Nano Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Evansimp said:
That's good to know! Thank you! :) I'm gonna check my nitrates and nitrates today and if things are good, I may do a big Pwc and see if my local fish store has a watchman goby! :) and then I'll wait a while before anything else!

When is it safe to get corals?

Im sure you could get away with also getting the pistol shrimp if they have one. :)

Can anyone tell me what this is?! :( I'm worried that it's bad

Attachments

• image-3087285667.jpg
    image-3087285667.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 237
  • image-2724101589.jpg
    image-2724101589.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 230
My closest lfs has a yellow watchman goby!! But only this red striped pistol shrimp that's like 24$ do I have to buy the pair together? Or can I get the watchman goby today and get the regular pistol shrimp another time?

I just can't afford to spend 24$! A normal pistol shrimp doesn't cost that much does it?! I'd probably get a normal one In the next few days

It costs around 20 bucks for a pistol. Is the pistol 24 or is the goby AND pistol 24??

You are in the wrong hobby if thats alot of money... Lol things get expensive.

The shrimp is 24$ and the watchman goby is 15$. And I know this is an expensive hobby, i just can't afford to spend 24$ on a shrimp at the moment. 15$ for a tiger pistol shrimp is more reasonable to me which is the price of one at a much further fish store :/

Evansimp said:
The shrimp is 24$ and the watchman goby is 15$. And I know this is an expensive hobby, i just can't afford to spend 24$ on a shrimp at the moment. 15$ for a tiger pistol shrimp is more reasonable to me which is the price of one at a much further fish store :/

Is it worth it to drive to the other store to get the cheaper shrimp? Gas is $3+ a gallon, so if you are going to use more than 3 gallons to get to the other store it's not really worth going. Right?

My Closest lfs is about 10 miles away! And the other one is about 20 miles! I think today I'm going to get the watchman goby and an emerald crab and maybe a snail. Then tomorrow get the pistol shrimp at the other. Sound like a good plan?

Evansimp said:
My Closest lfs is about 10 miles away! And the other one is about 20 miles! I think today I'm going to get the watchman goby and an emerald crab and maybe a snail. Then tomorrow get the pistol shrimp at the other. Sound like a good plan?

Sounds like a plan! I love my emerald crab. :)

I would definitly buy the shrimp along with the goby. Its worth the few extra dollars to have a proven pair rather then rolling the dice. Imagine how fun it would be to have a pistol shrimp and a goby that didnt care for eachother..... Not fun. Lol

Nu-Nu the eel said:
I would definitly buy the shrimp along with the goby. Its worth the few extra dollars to have a proven pair rather then rolling the dice. Imagine how fun it would be to have a pistol shrimp and a goby that didnt care for eachother..... Not fun. Lol

You make a good point! I may have to do that! Thank you!

Just make sure they are a real pair, otherwise there is no point. You can tell if they are a pair if they are in the same burrow, or if they are being housed in a cup or net together.

I have my watchman for months, it was one of my first saltwater fish.
I just added my pistol and they paired up within the night.

Zactheninja said:
I have my watchman for months, it was one of my first saltwater fish.
I just added my pistol and they paired up within the night.

Well not everyone is that fortunate... Lol

Got the goby and the pistol shrimp! Acclimating them now! I got them from separate tanks, and was worried about them not being a pair, but in the bag they are sticking together! So that's a good sign! :)

Back
Top Bottom