Evans 20 Gallon Nano Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can head to a fabric store and look for bridal veil. It usually comes in a couple different mesh sizes and is dirt cheap. I used it to seahorse proof all of my filters and equipment.

Yeah! Sounds good! :)

So the power is going to be off from 11 pm to 7 am this weekend... Will my fish be okay :O

Evansimp said:
Yeah! Sounds good! :)

So the power is going to be off from 11 pm to 7 am this weekend... Will my fish be okay :O

Thats a long time..... Your fish will be oxygen deprived :/ maybe invest in a battery operated bubbler

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Thats a long time..... Your fish will be oxygen deprived :/ maybe invest in a battery operated bubbler

I think we're going to try to get a generator up! So that's good :)

So I haven't seen my pistol shrimp since I first put him in yesterday afternoon, and I've rarely seen my goby :/ wish I could see them more!

It's only been a day. My goby took a week to really start coming out in the open.

Khij159753 said:
It's only been a day. My goby took a week to really start coming out in the open.

Okay good to know! Sorry this is my first saltwater fish so I'm just a little nervous.

These guys are awesome!! Finally seeing both of them together out in the open! It's beautiful! :')

Attachments

• image-2412830791.jpg
    image-2412830791.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 183
Haha they look great if you want to start really seeing fish after a while I would Definitly consider getting a Clown Goby the like To just Chill out on rocks right in the open and i belive they will also host corals like Zoanthids

Pufferlove said:
Haha they look great if you want to start really seeing fish after a while I would Definitly consider getting a Clown Goby the like To just Chill out on rocks right in the open and i belive they will also host corals like Zoanthids

I saw one hanging out on some sort of montipora at the LFS today. I hope my new clown goby likes to sit on my candy cane! He'd look so pretty there.

Im going to check those out next week maybe! :)

Update for tonight! It's pistol Pete making an appearance!

Attachments

• image-4096352602.jpg
    image-4096352602.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 186
Yeah can't see too well but that looks like a coral banded shrimp! Same kind I had. He's making his cave pretty close to the glass lol. Can the goby fit down into the cave?

Pistol Pete.. I like that.

Yeah that's the one! Sorry for the picture, it's hard to get a picture of him when he's only out for seconds at a time! I got a great video though!

The goby enters and hangs out on the other side! But him and Pete live there together! When the goby is not out he's in the cave! It goes all the way under the rock! Pretty neat!

Attachments

• image-546549011.jpg
    image-546549011.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 184
That rocks! Good viewing spot too. They're buddies. Some people have trouble with getting them in an area where they can be viewed. Got lucky your first try!

scottayy said:
That rocks! Good viewing spot too. They're buddies. Some people have trouble with getting them in an area where they can be viewed. Got lucky your first try!

Well at first they were in an area where I didn't see them for a full day! They must have seen me looking for them for an hour and decided to relocate to where I can see them! That's what I'm going to think anyways haha

They're coming out a lot now! So cool to see the pistol dig! He's like picking up rocks and taking them out then digging them into the sand! So fun to watch! Thank you guys for recommending me these awesome fish!

Attachments

• image-246074594.jpg
    image-246074594.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 164
  • image-2287857366.jpg
    image-2287857366.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 137
Watch his big pincher claw closely, you'll see him shoot powerful streams of water to move the sand. It's pretty cool.

Come home from a weekend with my dad to a tank that is very cloudy. I think it's something in the filter. I rinsed the filter off for now, but should I just put live rock in my filter?! What should be in there?

Back
Top Bottom