Evans 20 Gallon Nano Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im picking up my first as well! Im getting a prozack purple bonsai acropora:) getting it on monday, 2 inch frag for 15 bucks

A picture of my new Birdsnest Frag!
img_2374789_0_8c174f56554130a84ed43b12c37d3ba9.jpg

And some more pictures of my new lights!
img_2374789_1_c68efc5b964ce67808f558eb4c3db142.jpg

img_2374789_2_1c220145cee237bfb31fbed1a982b44e.jpg

img_2374789_3_a769056dc13dd1921e6b3a92eedc0a7b.jpg

img_2374789_4_83ef7e61b9148c1842fe9f498cb814b3.jpg

img_2374789_5_4533c840e22d5adee8d0fca838363085.jpg

Cool tank dude. I like the photos too. Good use of light. You play the banjo? I have one I need to start playing! Too much other stuff to do though.

Thanks everyone. A fish store in San Diego was Having a 50% off sps sale! I picked up a 55$ frag for like 30$ with tax!

Do you test for cal/alk/mag? It's a good idea to test on the same day each week or so and keep a log to see changes over time. It's certainly a good thing to keep track of once you start to grow SPSs. You'll want those values for dosing stability. Things can really start to get depleted with high light and hard corals. I saw that there's even an iPod app that helps keep track of test results and tank trends over time. Pretty cool looking but I haven't tried it out yet.

Again, thanks for posting fresh picks. Beautiful as always!

The iPod app I use is called aquaplanner and I love it. It reminds me to feed and do water changes and you can keep track of a bunch of parameters. You can also keep notes on specific tanks. Pretty good but the pro version cost me a couple dollars. I think it's worth it

The iPod app I use is called aquaplanner and I love it. It reminds me to feed and do water changes and you can keep track of a bunch of parameters. You can also keep notes on specific tanks. Pretty good but the pro version cost me a couple dollars. I think it's worth it

Yeah, I went looking and I think I found it. I started using it a few days ago, love it. Yours Sounds like the same thing I got.

Awesome tank! Just read your thread! I have a couple questions for you, if you don't mind!

We're you happy with odyssea lights you started with? What made you switch? In on the verge of buying the odyssea but want to make sure you were happy with yours :)

Also, how do you make sure your corals stay put? I just got a dragon eye zoa that was growing on a sand bed so it has nothing to hold on to. How can I get that to sit up on my rocks?

Thanks! Your tank is awesome!

Awesome tank! Just read your thread! I have a couple questions for you, if you don't mind!

We're you happy with odyssea lights you started with? What made you switch? In on the verge of buying the odyssea but want to make sure you were happy with yours :)

Also, how do you make sure your corals stay put? I just got a dragon eye zoa that was growing on a sand bed so it has nothing to hold on to. How can I get that to sit up on my rocks?

Thanks man!! :)

Honestly, I really liked the odyssea lights and would absolutely recommend them! I switched because I wanted to grow stony corals (sps) and get a clam. And I knew that in the long run, LEDs are cheaper than Having to buy replacement bulbs for T5s.

I usual find holes to put the plugs into! Or I get a putty and mold them to a rock.

Thanks again! :)

Do you test for cal/alk/mag? It's a good idea to test on the same day each week or so and keep a log to see changes over time. It's certainly a good thing to keep track of once you start to grow SPSs. You'll want those values for dosing stability. Things can really start to get depleted with high light and hard corals. I saw that there's even an iPod app that helps keep track of test results and tank trends over time. Pretty cool looking but I haven't tried it out yet.

Again, thanks for posting fresh picks. Beautiful as always!

I don't :( I can't afford the test kits haha

What I did for my zoas that weren't on a plug or piece of liverock already was this- get some gel super glue. It has to be the gel. The glue will set better if you can take the zoas and the rock you want to glue them to out of the water. Put a dab of glue onto the bottom of the zoas, then put the zoas on the rock. Just be gentle and don't squash the zoas. Once you put them on the rock put it back into the water. If the rock you want to glue them to has other coral on it already then you don't have to remove it. You will just need to dab the glue on the zoa and then stick it in the tank and onto the rock while its in the water. Gently hold it in place for about 10 seconds and it should stay just fine. That's what I did with mine.

Back
Top Bottom