Feather duster question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacobsal91

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So i bought a feather duster and a clown yesterday, The clown is doing fine but i havent seen the feather duster come out or do anything really, What do i do from here?

Sometimes they take a while to get used to the tank before they make an appearance. I he doesn't come out in a few days try changing the location of the feather duster to a higher or lower water flow area... Can I see a pic of the tank and the feather duster just to see it's location?

image-2228593945.jpg

Not sure if u can see it but its roght next to the clown fish in this pic, The filter return pump is on the upper right

Try moving it to the sand... They tend to prefer sand beds. How long has you tank been running for? I like the clown... Those polyps came with the live rock I presume :)

About 2 months and did the sand yesterday and nothing, And love that clown ill post a closeup tomorrow, and yes they grew off the rock. Looked around for them, they arent cheap i got lucky. Yellow colony polyps

The polyps seem to be doing good for a new tank... Good stuff! The lil algae is probably the tank still settling after the cycle period... It should clear up...

image-483836742.jpg

Thanks! Heres a closer look, Hope the worm come around soon, not sure what could have went wrong but i guess time will tell

Wow those are super cool... Yeah don't worry about the duster... Try and move him to the sand bed if possible... But he should open out in time...

Just got back from work and he was open! I scared him when i got close but here is the tank now. The polyps and feather duster are closed because i just added some new live rock and got an emerald crab

image-1459213159.jpg

image-478747725.jpg

image-2773065086.jpg

The worm is right in front of the polyps he is in the san in front of that rock, Hes realy
Nice like a dark maroon color

That's great news :) guess he just needed to adjust to his new home :) the polyps look great and the crab is cool... What's the pink color fish in the back ground...? How many fish do you have?

I have 2 fish, 12 polyps, 5 hermits, the frather duster and now the emerald crab. The pink fosh is actually red blame my camera, its a long finned fairy wrasse.

My feather duster would only come out at night for the first two weeks I had him. They just take time. But I agree, needs to go towards the sand. If they are not happy they will actually drop the crown

image-657872105.jpg

Thanks, still in its beginning phases but its comin around, Snagged a
Pic of him opened up, Do they shed their tubes? Looks like he made a new opening and his original opening looks like its not being used anymore i posted a thread on here about it because my phone wasnt letting me put it in here for some reason... Silly iphone

If he is open he is good :) they will sometime discard their old tube and build new ones don't worry about it :)

Back
Top Bottom