filter mod and skimmer question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cooma7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys,

Well I am almost ready to buy my fish!! cannot wait.
I am just waiting to pick up my chiller on wednesday.
Ok I have a few questions/.

As i stated before, I have a 40ltr nano tank (about 14gallons)
The current pump does 450ltrs/h which is not to bad but i was hoping on upgrading it as i was looking for something a little more quiet. alot of people talk about the maxi-jet 900.
I just want to know what the size of it is as i do not know if it will fit in the back chamber of my tank to replace my current filter? and does it just connect to a rubber tube like my other one (that connects to the opening into the actual tank).

2. I have this tank right next to my bed, so am looking for next to silence, the filter is not so bad but the skimmer is really loud. is there something I can do to make this quiet at night?
what are the ramifications of having the skimmer on a timer which turns off at night. or even for a few hours at night and a few hours in the morning. (would rather all night)
if not, is there a quiet one i can get?
its just my tank is a different brand so i am not sure if normal mods for biocubes and stuff will fit in it.

thank you.

Ryan

If it was me I would not run a skimmer on a tank that small. PWC`s would do all you need to do. But the answer is yes you could just skim in the daytime and off at night so to sleep.

thanks for your reply.!
what is your reason for not running a skimmer on a tank my size? its just one of those all in one tanks and the skimmer comes built into it.
but that makes it great being able to turn it off at night. its so loud!

Back
Top Bottom