Update time! Big update time..
Well, the tank has been rolling along great! It's a two months now, with only one hiccup. About 2 weeks ago, I needed to recharge some purigen, so followed the instructions perfectly and even let It soak for an extra two days in the RO
w/ Prime. I put it back in the tank, and within minutes everything was closed. I mean completely closed. I quick checked everything and my nitrates went up to around 80ppm. I immediately did a 50% WC
. The days following I would see a rise in nitrates to about 40ppm. I did a WC
almost every day until about 4 days ago, when it began to re-stabilize. My nitrates are still hanging around 10-20, but they're coming down. I'm hopeful they will be back to zero soon. The Birdsnest frag I added a few days before this was doing great, but it quickly bleached when the nitrates went through the roof. It's actually coming back and regaining all of it's color. I though for sure it was a goner. Plus! We finally have a fish! I saw this guy at the LFS
for $9.99. I had to get him to see some life in the tank. He's got such a great personality.
Radioactive Dragon Eyes (Labeled as, atleast)
Green Tipped Birsdsnest
Blue leg hermit
Bumble bee snail
Cerith Snail (x2
Yellow Clown Goby
in it's prime
YCG: For reference, that's the return nozzle for an Evolve 8...He's tiny!