First nano tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea for sure! I have been following along.it would be nice to get it going and get some more filtration.

Audiew said:
Yea for sure! I have been following along.it would be nice to get it going and get some more filtration.

I am ordering this before I get one. The plan is this. If you are looking at my fts on the right side front I have my large zoa's colony. I am going to put the cup in the open spot with the clam in it to keep him elevated off the sand bed and surround it with other zoa's so it looks like a zoa garden on that whole side with the clam in the middle but up over it so the cant hurt it. It's the plan atleast. I think it will look cool. At least in my mind lol

22engine said:
I am ordering this before I get one. The plan is this. If you are looking at my fts on the right side front I have my large zoa's colony. I am going to put the cup in the open spot with the clam in it to keep him elevated off the sand bed and surround it with other zoa's so it looks like a zoa garden on that whole side with the clam in the middle but up over it so the cant hurt it. It's the plan atleast. I think it will look cool. At least in my mind lol

I really like that idea I think that will look sweet! Do you think these would be best on the sanded or on rock? The guy said they are called war coral not sure though.

Attachments

• image-3873676078.jpg
    image-3873676078.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 88
Here is the other one I picked up. Not sure what it is but it was only 10 bucks.

Attachments

• image-1378352707.jpg
    image-1378352707.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 90
Tuff to tell looks kinda like a yellow polyp. I have seen the other corals on the sand bed. It really comes down to a lighting and flow thing. I would start everything u get one the sand bed to see how it reacts and gets use to the light then slowly move it up to a place you want it to be. If you want it up that is. Something have to have stronger light.

Audiew said:
I really like that idea I think that will look sweet! Do you think these would be best on the sanded or on rock? The guy said they are called war coral not sure though.

They need medium flow and moderate lighting.

I bought some calcium and phosphate tests today. They didn't have any magnesium test kits.

Here is a little better picture of the clam

Attachments

• image-1582069818.jpg
    image-1582069818.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 83
Audiew said:
Here is a little better picture of the clam

That clam is awesome. I am def ordering that piece and getting one to get my idea underway. I found a guy about 30 min away that has all exotic color zoa for 5-15 a frag piece.

Here are my results
Calcium-120
Phosphates-0
Ph- 8.2
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-0
Temp 79
Salinity 1.025

Do I need to run to the store and get some calcium booster or whatever it's called?

Back
Top Bottom