First nano tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
22engine said:
How do you like the top less look of your cube. I am thinking about getting rid of mine. Leaning more and more towards the lion fish tank now that I have the other tank getting prepared and that fish won't jump

But it is easy to get to things so that's a plus

Well mine wouldn't have glass on top. I was thinking of just taking the top off. At the LfS I was at today they have five biocubes set up and I like the one without the lid. We will see I guess

Just bough a red with green eyes war coral while i was there. But leaving the lights off for now to get the algae under control. Almost all my CUC were killed by my pistol. I suspect him of the fish deaths too

22engine said:
Just bough a red with green eyes war coral while i was there. But leaving the lights off for now to get the algae under control. Almost all my CUC were killed by my pistol. I suspect him of the fish deaths too

Good choice with the war coral, I've got the purple with green eyes and it has grown about a half inch all around since I got it in late August/early septemer

Here is a full tank shot. Hope you guys think it's looking good

Attachments

• image-2522539468.jpg
    image-2522539468.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 104
22engine said:
Yours is getting there mine is older too.

What's some ideas for a few final coral? I for sure want some more zoa's kind of by all the others. But maybe like a hammer or something?

Audiew said:
What's some ideas for a few final coral? I for sure want some more zoa's kind of by all the others. But maybe like a hammer or something?

I would get some sort of leather. I like my hammers too. I really want a big birdsnest

Horvy19 said:
Zoas. Greens n eagles are awesome looking! Can't wait for these to spread all over this rock!

Agreed those do look great! I seen some similar to those and they were wanting $30 for 5 heads, wasn't sure if it was a good price so I held off. I was thinking about a leather also. I like the toadstools just not sure if I have the room or of it would look good

22engine said:
I would get some sort of leather. I like my hammers too. I really want a big birdsnest

I was also looking at birds best, just a little intimidated by them I guess

Audiew said:
I was also looking at birds best, just a little intimidated by them I guess

Your lights are fine for them. Just put it high and with some good flow

22engine said:
Your lights are fine for them. Just put it high and with some good flow

I'm having a bubble algae problem that is getting really annoying. I bought a emerald crab and it died for some reason. I have been scraping them off with the vacuum when I do my water change but they seem to be getting worse

Audiew said:
I'm having a bubble algae problem that is getting really annoying. I bought a emerald crab and it died for some reason. I have been scraping them off with the vacuum when I do my water change but they seem to be getting worse

I'm assuming that all your levels are good. Crabs are finicky sometimes. Maybe try another one and lower your light schedule for a day or two. That's what I did and it helped a lot. I shut mine off for the entire day.

22engine said:
I'm assuming that all your levels are good. Crabs are finicky sometimes. Maybe try another one and lower your light schedule for a day or two. That's what I did and it helped a lot. I shut mine off for the entire day.

Yea man I've checked everything. I bought some zoa's with just a tiny bit on it and before I knew it, it was everywhere

22engine said:

I found a add on Craigslist or a 75 gallon "reef ready" tank. All the plumbing and everything. The problem is the lights are a basic fluorescent. Not exactly reef ready. It's selling for 250

Back
Top Bottom