First nano tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How's the tank doing

Doing good bro. My toadstool was a little pissed off the last few days but everything else is wide open. I need to figure out someone to trade me a different piece of coral for my GSP. It's just getting to big.

Attachments

• image-2358698024.jpg
    image-2358698024.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 93
That's good to hear. I have two good size patches of GSP one opened after the move and one still hasn't. It's the only thing that hasn't.

That's good to hear. I have two good size patches of GSP one opened after the move and one still hasn't. It's the only thing that hasn't.

My starfish didn't make the move. All in all a good move though. Now that I have a full time J.O.B. I plan to look for better upgrades such as the AI SOL or vega soon. Plus a new starfish

So what's the best way to mount the vega on my tank with the ext mount? From the side so the fixture is across the tank? Or from the back? I would prefer from the back so I could have a cleaner look but I wasn't sure about the light coverage? Here is an example of from the side....

Attachments

• image-4259962927.jpg
    image-4259962927.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 77
So what's the best way to mount the vega on my tank with the ext mount? From the side so the fixture is across the tank? Or from the back? I would prefer from the back so I could have a cleaner look but I wasn't sure about the light coverage? Here is an example of from the side....

My understanding is with all the aqua illumination lights they have the same amount of spread no matter what way they are hung.

I was going to get the rail myself but didn't want to spend that much on one. They look nice though. I just used conduit. More work too though

My understanding is with all the aqua illumination lights they have the same amount of spread no matter what way they are hung.

I was going to get the rail myself but didn't want to spend that much on one. They look nice though. I just used conduit. More work too though

That would save a decent amount of money. I may do that instead!

I don't see one. How did you attach the light to it?

I used these. Obv not the 100 pack.
http://m.homedepot.com/p/Halex-1-in-Conduit-Hanger-with-Nut-and-Bolt-100-Pack-67821B/202361722/

I drilled holes in the conduit. On the AL site it tells you the distance between the screws. Now I couldn't get it exact cause its hard to when u are drilling something round. So I drilled all the way thru. Then I made the bottom hole bigger so the screw would have play to it. If you pm me your email ill send some up close pics

I used these. Obv not the 100 pack.
http://m.homedepot.com/p/Halex-1-in-Conduit-Hanger-with-Nut-and-Bolt-100-Pack-67821B/202361722/

I drilled holes in the conduit. On the AL site it tells you the distance between the screws. Now I couldn't get it exact cause its hard to when u are drilling something round. So I drilled all the way thru. Then I made the bottom hole bigger so the screw would have play to it. If you pm me your email ill send some up close pics

Yea man that would be great!

A little dirty but overall looking pretty good

Attachments

• image-2271705626.jpg
    image-2271705626.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 104
  • image-3497305553.jpg
    image-3497305553.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 100
A little dirty but overall looking pretty good

Looking good. I just got a pink tip frogspawn like that. Getting my yellow tang tomorrow. Depending on what they have maybe some nice SPS for the top. I am going to be on the lookout for meteor shower too.

Looking good. I just got a pink tip frogspawn like that. Getting my yellow tang tomorrow. Depending on what they have maybe some nice SPS for the top. I am going to be on the lookout for meteor shower too.

I really like that frogspawn I think in up to 6 heads now. I need some sps but there isn't any good coral around me. I'd've yellow tangs

What fish should I add???

I have
2 ocelarris clowns
1 cardinal
1 watchmen goby
1 cleaner shrimp
Assorted snails

What fish should I add???

I have
2 ocelarris clowns
1 cardinal
1 watchmen goby
1 cleaner shrimp
Assorted snails

A six line is cool, but add it last because once they het established, they can be a little aggressive with new fish.
Chalk bass are cool and colorful.
A small blenny is cool- they have a lot of personality.

Back
Top Bottom