First nano tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Convict2161 said:
I'd say go for it!! :)

Just keep an eye on it. If you can put it on a rock near the sand bed.

That's what I like to hear! Could I put it directly on the sand bed?

Audiew said:
That's what I like to hear! Could I put it directly on the sand bed?

Yes you can. That's where mine started out but I noticed when it opened and closed that it started getting deeper into my sand bed. I have a deep sand bed so I was afraid it was gonna get lost lol.

Convict2161 said:
Yes you can. That's where mine started out but I noticed when it opened and closed that it started getting deeper into my sand bed. I have a deep sand bed so I was afraid it was gonna get lost lol.[/

Lol well I've gotta say since I have that 55 gallon cichlid tank I just love how you have so much flexibility with this saltwater set up. Plus they are so colorfull

Thanks!! Hard work but I love every second of it!!

I'm glad I can help and inspire so many here on the forum!!

That makes it all worth while. When I can help others on the hobby and pass on the knowledge that was taught to me.

Convict2161 said:
Thanks!! Hard work but I love every second of it!!

I'm glad I can help and inspire so many here on the forum!!

That makes it all worth while. When I can help others on the hobby and pass on the knowledge that was taught to me.

I really thought that going from a cichlid tank to a saltwater would be so difficult but I think it's really not as long as you stay on top of it. Don't get me wrong I love my cichlids, but I can look at that saltwater tank for hours. Even though it only has a few frags lol but it's getting there for sure.

Audiew said:
I really thought that going from a cichlid tank to a saltwater would be so difficult but I think it's really not as long as you stay on top of it. Don't get me wrong I love my cichlids, but I can look at that saltwater tank for hours. Even though it only has a few frags lol but it's getting there for sure.

Yeah I feel the same. I love my Cichlid tank but the SW is just a whole different ball game. And your right staying on top of it and being patient will REALLY pay off!! Just take it slow. Look where I got in 9 months!! You can do the same. Just test test test and do your water changes. And NEVER dose anything you can't test for

:)

Convict2161 said:
Yeah I feel the same. I love my Cichlid tank but the SW is just a whole different ball game. And your right staying on top of it and being patient will REALLY pay off!! Just take it slow. Look where I got in 9 months!! You can do the same. Just test test test and do your water changes. And NEVER dose anything you can't test for

:)

Would it be a good idea to test for calcium? I didn't think it would be a big deal in a tank so small and water changes should take care of it but I wanted to make sure.

Yes!! Test for everything. I test cal, alk, mag, nitrates, nitrites, ammonia, pH and phosphates.

Absolutely test for those. Of your parameters are good your corals will thrive!!

I have been acclimating the clam, some snails, and some polyps for the last hour and a half. About to put them in the tank.

Audiew said:
Here you go guys!

Sweet now I really want one lol. I am saving some cash to make a trip in a couple weeks to a lfs that is really nice but I always want to spend a lot so I am waiting to save up enough cash. Want some LPS and maybe the clam and more mushrooms. Also I really haven't for got ya. I promise to get that fuge out to you tomorrow. I have to go to the post office

22engine said:
Sweet now I really want one lol. I am saving some cash to make a trip in a couple weeks to a lfs that is really nice but I always want to spend a lot so I am waiting to save up enough cash. Want some LPS and maybe the clam and more mushrooms. Also I really haven't for got ya. I promise to get that fuge out to you tomorrow. I have to go to the post office

The guy told me on the phone it was only 3 inches but I think it's closer to 4. I bought another coral just not sure what it is. I will post a picture when it fully opens up. I know what you mean I figured if I was going to make the drive I would spend atleast 100 bucks haha. No problem man no rush over here!

Also after conversing with convict who didn't have much luck with the fuge I believe we have figured out the issue and I think I have mine turning around and growing.

22engine said:
Also after conversing with convict who didn't have much luck with the fuge I believe we have figured out the issue and I think I have mine turning around and growing.

I'll keep you in the loop so you can do it

Back
Top Bottom