fish dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newbie2004

Aquarium Advice Newbie
New with Salt Water Fish. Started well at first, cycled tank for month started adding fish (40 gal, live sand 55pounds live rock). Fish doing well at first, then ich lost all but one fish (fire fish). Treated with Kick-ich did not work. Checked tank every things seems to be in safe mode. Salt a little high 1.024-1.025. What should I do now? I am a little frustrated, and have 3 little kids who cried as fish started to die. :( Help!

If there is, or was Cryptocaryon irritans (ick) present in your tank, you need to wait 4-6 weeks with no sign of the parasite present before introducing new fish. Your sg is fine 1.025.

I would also recommend setting up a QT this time round so the same thing doesn't happen again.

Agree with atari and darb2. Would get that qt tank and remove the firefish to the qt. Here you can treat him for ich and start the fallow time. No fish can remain in the main for the fallow time to work.
Sorry for your trouble. :(

Oh and BTW, welcome to AA. :mrgreen: I also agree, set up a QT, get that last fish out of the main and into QT, then treat it there and leave the main tank empty, ls, lr, crabs, snails, ETC ok but no fish.

Back
Top Bottom