fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No that's about right I wouldn't change it anymore. Your going to need to check it again in a couple hours after your water has completely mixed to confirm this result. Try to get a bead on just how much water you need to add daily in order to top-off your system. For me, I know I have to add exactly 1 1/2 cups of RODI water every morning to keep my salinity at 1.026

Alrighty. I figured I'd need to check it again later. I drew a water level mark on my tank so I know where to top off to. Tomorrow I'll start figuring out how much I need to top off. Then I'll try and top off the same time everyday with the same amount of RODI water. And then I bet once I get lights it'll all change. Lol! That's why I'm shooting for low heat LED's.

Sniperhank said:
What you need is a refractometer so you don't have to guess ever again.

You got one you wanna give me for Christmas? :)

It's on the list:

Live rock- check! It's in the mail!
DIY cover
CUC and fire shrimp
Reef capable lighting
Power head
Refractometer
Zoa
Frogspawn

I'm keeping my eye on this guy-http://kpr.craigslist.org/for/3178306877.html

He was asking $50 for corals. I'm sure he'll be forced to drop the price even more.

Water was at 1.024 after I topped off. And I forgot to measure my top off amount. Also- temp was 79. Creeping closer to 80. I turned down the heater a minuscule amount.

My rock is in Spokane!!! That's only a 2 hr drive! So close!!!!

...I'm probably way too excited.... LOL! I can't help it! It's going to be so awesome! :happydance:

Love getting fish stuff, lol.

IDK, I don't think I would pay attention to how much water you fill back up with. Evaporation varies a lot. I would just rely on your line and a refractometer (when you get it).

I'll buy you one and have it sent to you. Just send me your shipping address.

Just kidding. I'm not that nice. :)

scottayy said:
Love getting fish stuff, lol.

IDK, I don't think I would pay attention to how much water you fill back up with. Evaporation varies a lot. I would just rely on your line and a refractometer (when you get it).

I'll buy you one and have it sent to you. Just send me your shipping address.
:)

^^If I read the post like that, then you have to send me one.... ;)

IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and here's a few pictures. I only like one of the views (my tank is viewable from 3 sides depending on which chair you decide to sit in). I'm going to mess with it later.

View attachment 114100

Front

image-1489940255.jpg

Right side

image-1548721987.jpg

Left side

scottayy said:
YAYYY!

That tank is quite tall. How tall is it?

It's 12" tall and it is 10"x10" so I need to make a 10"x10" cover. My kitty just decided drinking saltwater would be fun. No wonder she's been acting crazy this morning.

Ah, yeah. I forgot for a minute it was a 5g and was worried about light penetration. :p

Yeah, my cats get in my way all of the time when mixing and doing water changes. Well they're not my cats.. but needless to say we have 6 of them.

And a dog, and a parrot.

scottayy said:
Ah, yeah. I forgot for a minute it was a 5g and was worried about light penetration. :p

Yeah, my cats get in my way all of the time when mixing and doing water changes. Well they're not my cats.. but needless to say we have 6 of them.

And a dog, and a parrot.

I think I will get some egg crate- but if I cut it to fit snuggly inside to top of the tank... What happens if the cat thinks she can sit on it!? I guess she'll figure out its not a good idea?

Main question- what do I cut it with? I have no idea.

I would fit it to go on the top of the tank. Teach kitty it's a bad idea to go near the tank lol.

I used a pair of needle nose pliers. Just snapped it.

scottayy said:
I would fit it to go on the top of the tank. Teach kitty it's a bad idea to go near the tank lol.

I used a pair of needle nose pliers. Just snapped it.

How do I keep it on the tank? Won't it slide around? And yes- kitty is learning. I squirted her with water.

Back
Top Bottom