fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Two of my hermits are fighting. I think the smaller guy is about to be evicted. The bigger one wants his shell. (they are only slightly different in size.). Weirdos.

This thread has inspired me to get a pico for my desktop. 5 gallon max.. still shopping around for the right tank though. I have everything else needed.

scottayy said:
This thread has inspired me to get a pico for my desktop. 5 gallon max.. still shopping around for the right tank though. I have everything else needed.

Oh! Fluval makes a nice 5 gal... :)

PLEASE make a thread so I can follow!!

Scottayy have you looked at the aqueon evolve line of tanks? They have a 4 gallon version that is basically the same thing as above just with LED lighting and it's like 1/4 the price.

Thanks huffers. I did want glass but at that price compared to the above price I may be able to sacrifice that lol.

Yea I don't blame you there. I actually had the 8 gallon version for awhile myself. Nice little tank. Had great water flow - I was really impressed with that. Also has a cool spillover into a back compartment that you can use to house your carbon filter or turn it into a refugium like I did. Good luck!

scottayy said:
Kinda looking at this: Innovative Marine 4 Gallon Pico Aquarium w/ 4 Watt 14000K Skkye Light Clamp LED Light

Don't worry, I'll make a thread.

This one's all about your setup.

How do you feel about the color of your sand? Do you like it?

That tank looks nice! I like the overflow filter area behind the tank!

I just realized I may have sounded like "PLEASE make a thread (cause this is mine)". But that isn't what I meant and I hope it didn't come across that way! I wouldnt mind if you posted your whole build here... LOL!!

It was more of a PLEASE make a thread so I can follow your progress because I was afraid you wouldn't have a thread and then I'd be bummed!

Texting lacks voice inflection. I am super stocked about your pico and I can't wait to see it progress!

Oh and about the sand- I like it ok. I sterilized sand from va beach and put that in in top of the PFS and I loved it way more! Nicer color and grain size... But alas, it is all mixed with the PFS now. I wouldn't mind a smaller grained, lighter colored sand. I think my PFS is a little... Well yellow hued.

lol i read it how you intended it to be

Yeah I think I'm just used to seeing white sand in saltwater tanks. It is all about your preference though. Purple if you wanted it to be :p

scottayy said:
lol i read it how you intended it to be

Yeah I think I'm just used to seeing white sand in saltwater tanks. It is all about your preference though. Purple if you wanted it to be :p

So now your saying you hate my sand!? ;) :p

The va beach sand wasn't white, but tan. To the brownish grey side of tan, unlike The PFS which is to the brown/yellower side. However- it might look good under the new light! We shall see!

Oh and about the sand- I like it ok. I sterilized sand from va beach and put that in in top of the PFS and I loved it way more! Nicer color and grain size... But alas, it is all mixed with the PFS now. I wouldn't mind a smaller grained, lighter colored sand. I think my PFS is a little... Well yellow hued.

Sterilized sand from VA beach? That is actually a cool idea. I'm sure I've frowned upon it when people have brought up that idea...but I didn't see it! That is a cool, different look.

Sniperhank said:
Sterilized sand from VA beach? That is actually a cool idea. I'm sure I've frowned upon it when people have brought up that idea...but I didn't see it! That is a cool, different look.

Yeah, I brought some home from my trip this summer and boiled it and then put it in the tank. It looked good. IMO. I wish I had more to put in there!

Huffers said:
I wana see some more pics of the critters and tank!

Ok! I will take some in a little bit. Gotta mom duties to do. Kids are hungry and school tomorrow... We just got back from soccer practice.

Pics as promised! The last pic is the snail from the snail in the sandbed pic. He's on the shell that houses the worm thing. I wonder if he's eating it...

What's with the tube coming off the snails, and also, how much do I have to feed them?

Attachments

• image-1778299376.jpg
    image-1778299376.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 70
  • image-2449390195.jpg
    image-2449390195.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 64
  • image-974806959.jpg
    image-974806959.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 71
  • image-1157307581.jpg
    image-1157307581.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 71
  • image-1031068635.jpg
    image-1031068635.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 72
  • image-4156087927.jpg
    image-4156087927.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 65
scottayy said:
Or it could be a coral killing self-duplicating vicious demon.

JK it's probably cool.

So the snail attacked the wormy feather duster thing and now it's left the empty shell and is slowly wiggling its way to the live rock... It looks like a little black worm with a transparent tongue sticking out.

...I'm supposed to be doing the dishes... Lol! That's not going to happen with all this activity in my tank!

Back
Top Bottom