fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bearchumjs said:
So the snail attacked the wormy feather duster thing and now it's left the empty shell and is slowly wiggling its way to the live rock... It looks like a little black worm with a transparent tongue sticking out.

...I'm supposed to be doing the dishes... Lol! That's not going to happen with all this activity in my tank!

Wow! Sothe worm is crawling away? Thats cool!

Hahah! No doubt you will scream when you see your first Asterina Star...i will be the first to admit that i did;)

Gboy66 said:
Wow! Sothe worm is crawling away? Thats cool!

Hahah! No doubt you will scream when you see your first Asterina Star...i will be the first to admit that i did;)

Yeah! I think it was running for its life! Lol!! And I googled those starfish. They look creepy. It would be nuts to see one dividing!

Congrats on the purchase, everything is looking good. Did you figure out what was climbing out if the snail shell?

Jmkb02 said:
Congrats on the purchase, everything is looking good. Did you figure out what was climbing out if the snail shell?

Some kind of a worm. Like a feather duster maybe or a tube worm of some sort. It's really tiny. About 1/4 inch I'd guess.

Right on, hope everything works out with the new babies.

Very nice! Coming along just fine!!

To the other poster Innovative Marine is a solid product IMO. I have the Nuvo 8.

I did however upgrade the stock pump from 92gph to 180gph.

Guten morgen!

Tested :

Temp: 78•F
pH- 8.2
Trites: 0
Trates: 5ishppm
Salinity: 1.025 added top off water and now it's just above 1.024

image-1216556882.jpg

This little guy was just hanging out on the rock. I've seen 1 of the hermits and the other snail. The others are hiding. The emerald was busy eating the green hairs off the rocks all night. I'm quite impressed!

Huffers said:
Awesome! The first 24 hours are critical so I'm glad everybody looks good!

I'm just glad I showed enough restraint to not go crazy buying inverts and crustaceans yesterday. The price of things helped though- Pom poms for $13 and sexy shrimp $12 each... Fire shrimp $30... Now I feel like the next thing I will get is a coral. My light will be here tuesday and I am so excited!!

More photos! I've seen everything except one hermit crab today. Hopefully he's ok! I put a black background on the right side of the tank today. I like it alot and now my husband can have his fantasy football binder back since I don't need it as a background. Lol!

Attachments

• image-3841036399.jpg
    image-3841036399.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 75
  • image-155088240.jpg
    image-155088240.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 69
  • image-1448898846.jpg
    image-1448898846.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 72
  • image-1509264431.jpg
    image-1509264431.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 81
Huffers said:
That emerald crab is awesome! Nice background too! Can we get a pic of the entire tank??

The emerald crab is my favorite! He is so cool to watch! You need one if you dont have one already. The hermits are too small... I can barely see what they are doing. My 8 yr old tells me the snails are baby aliens. LOL!

My emerald ate my Kenya tree the other day...
Make sure you keep them feed or they'll do that...guess he hadn't been getting enough goo lately.

Zactheninja said:
My emerald ate my Kenya tree the other day...
Make sure you keep them feed or they'll do that...guess he hadn't been getting enough goo lately.

Yikes! Thanks for the warning!

Tank is looking good. You have given me inspiration for my empty chi. Now all I need is approval from management and I can start.

Back
Top Bottom