fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is exciting. I let my tank be fish only for 10 months cause I was very scared of doing corals lol.

scottayy said:
This is exciting. I let my tank be fish only for 10 months cause I was very scared of doing corals lol.

I'm nervous about getting coral. Some people have an easy time of it, others have a very difficult time. I've already got the LFS to order the fish so I imagine I should at least have a look at them first.

IME, they are easier to keep alive than they are to thrive and grow. Though I'm getting better at making them grow lol.

You'll be ok. :) Are you going to just look at the fish and decide what color you want? haha

On another note, I've been wanting some GSP for a long time and my LFS got this big ol rock of it in today for $59. I don't have any money though, I loaned it to my sister. :(

I'm really excited to get the light. I can't wait to see how my tank looks with it. All I'm using now is a 60 W clear reveal bulb and it's really bright. It will be nice to have some directional light with blue in it because the light bulb now is a standard light bulb meant to light up a room so it sheds light all over the place. My husband hates it. LOL!

scottayy said:
IME, they are easier to keep alive than they are to thrive and grow. Though I'm getting better at making them grow lol.

You'll be ok. :) Are you going to just look at the fish and decide what color you want? haha

On another note, I've been wanting some GSP for a long time and my LFS got this big ol rock of it in today for $59. I don't have any money though, I loaned it to my sister. :(

Yes- I get to look at the ones he ordered and pick the color I want. From my reading, the yellows are the most friendly and the blacks are the most reclusive. If one looks like this I will get it! LOL! It's a green Warpaint goby. The guy said it sounded like a blue green goby to him so we'll see.

http://www.aquacon.com/images/SaltwaterfishGreenClownGoby2.jpg

Ok guys... I'm probably getting a clown goby on Thursday. They like to rest on branchy coral. In yalls honest opinion. What kind of branchy coral should I get? I was thinking I'd get zoas first, but I'm also thinking it would be fun to get my coral based on the needs of my fish. I know that the goby likes to eat the slime from acropora, and will also lay eggs in it and will most likely kill it, so even though I'd like to get one for him I probably won't. The only thing I can think of is finger leather... And IMHO I think they are ugly and dull from what I have seen from online photos... So let's hear some branchy coral ideas! My light ought to be able to grow whatever I want it to.

You can get a "branchy" coral if you want too but don't think your clown goby will be unhappy if you don't get it. He will be just fine without it. And if this is your first time with corals you may want to start out with something easier like zoas or mushrooms.

Wow, leathers are my favorite kind of coral. I just think they are so awesome. Especially thick finger and devils hand leathers.

IMO, you don't need a coral for it to rest on. It will rest on the rock. But LPS corals can be brancy. Branching hammers, duncans, and quite a few others.

scottayy said:
Wow, leathers are my favorite kind of coral. I just think they are so awesome. Especially thick finger and devils hand leathers.

IMO, you don't need a coral for it to rest on. It will rest on the rock. But LPS corals can be brancy. Branching hammers, duncans, and quite a few others.

Can you tell me what is so neat about leathers and maybe share a few photos? My eye is drawn to the colorful zoas and things like hammers and Duncan's...

Even though he will perch on rock I still think having a coral specifically for him would be neat. He'd probably never go near it but it would make me happy to know I gave him the best environment I could.

They are neat because they are like leathery and inflatable looking lol. How can you not like this coral :-D

p-39303-devil-hand-coral.jpg

Trying to meet the needs of your fishy buddies is awesome.

scottayy said:
They are neat because they are like leathery and inflatable looking lol. How can you not like this coral :-D

Trying to meet the needs of your fishy buddies is awesome.

Maybe it would work out if the goby is brightly colored... Then it would stand out against the brown.

Bearchumjs said:
I'm nervous about getting coral. Some people have an easy time of it, others have a very difficult time. I've already got the LFS to order the fish so I imagine I should at least have a look at them first.

I was sooooo excited to get my first coral!! I think I only waited 2 weeks. :) it was a beautiful Zoa... That my angel has since killed. Boooooo-bad angel!!! but I've bought many more since, and the angel has killed some of them too!!! Lol stupid angel! Anyways, it's not scary! It's fun!!! And there so pretty!!

Yeah, that devils hand leather is cool- looks kinda like a chair that he can sit in and the fingers embrace him. :)

This light is AWESOME!

image-2287541884.jpg

And this is my floor right now... Packing peanuts...

Attachments

• image-1159010320.jpg
    image-1159010320.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 94
  • image-2836465741.jpg
    image-2836465741.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 113
  • image-3949712534.jpg
    image-3949712534.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 96
  • image-1038949336.jpg
    image-1038949336.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 97
Looks sooo great!!! Hahah thats so funny. Tell the little guys to break out the vaccum cleaner!

Gboy66 said:
Looks sooo great!!! Hahah thats so funny. Tell the little guys to break out the vaccum cleaner!

I knew they'd get into them so I figured that I'd better give them permission...

Now I need to get a coral!!

Bearchumjs said:
I knew they'd get into them so I figured that I'd better give them permission...

Now I need to get a coral!!

Lol
1. Zoas
2. GSP
3. Duncan
4. Torch :) my best suggestions for you!

Back
Top Bottom