fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Convict2161 said:
Oh nice!! So.... Pics later?

Yeah. This afternoon. It's only 8:39 and the fish don't come in til around 11. I'll have to wait til noon to go up there, so maybe 1:30 or 2?

So as far as acclimation, drip acclimate for an hour? That's how I do my freshies. Should I go longer? Then lights out for an hour? Or should I leave them off for longer? Cause honestly I am going to want it on... Maybe I will wait for 2-3 hours to turn on the light.... I'm so excited I even got up before the kids so I could take a shower in peace. Otherwise the 2 yr old keeps trying to get in the shower. Lol!! Or they knock on the door without stopping until I am out...

In general, fish are much more hardy than corals and inverts. I usually drip until I double the volume then siphon half out and do it again. Approx 3-4 drips a second. It usually takes me about two hours or so. Just what works for me and haven't lost a fish yet.

They got in yellow and black! I dont really want the black so I asked him to hold the yellows out and I will be there about noon! Woohoo!!!

I picked up the sweetest little yellow clown goby, a small candy came coral, and the guy tossed in some little zoas or something that were "strays" in one of the tanks. Holy cow guys!! I'm stoked!

Bearchumjs said:
I picked up the sweetest little yellow clown goby, a small candy came coral, and the guy tossed in some little zoas or something that were "strays" in one of the tanks. Holy cow guys!! I'm stoked!

This is the best news ive heard all day!! Seriously. It has lol

Acclimation has begun!!!!! And the photos-

Attachments

• image-1096236822.jpg
    image-1096236822.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 78
  • image-4026306097.jpg
    image-4026306097.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 75
Gboy66 said:
Eh, an hour if u want. 45 minutes should be ok though

I was totally hoping you'd say 20 mins...

Anywho, LFS lights suck, so place all corals low in the tank? Should I leave the light off or on? I raised the bulb so it's about 6-8 inches from the lid of the tank. Should I just turn on the lights a few hours a day?

Bearchumjs said:
I was totally hoping you'd say 20 mins...

Anywho, LFS lights suck, so place all corals low in the tank? Should I leave the light off or on? I raised the bulb so it's about 6-8 inches from the lid of the tank. Should I just turn on the lights a few hours a day?

That tank is very small, so a few inches differance from the sand bed to the top of the tank isnt a big deal at all.... Congrats on the buy!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
That tank is very small, so a few inches differance from the sand bed to the top of the tank isnt a big deal at all.... Congrats on the buy!

I don't want my light to burn them. They will retract if it's too bright, right?

Ah! I think I have the perfect spot for the candy cane! can't wait to show you guys! Hopefully the little plug fits where I want it.

The candy cane and the ?zoas?

They aren't open yet. The zoas are starting to open slowly.

Attachments

• image-3756964777.jpg
    image-3756964777.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 74
  • image-3821261424.jpg
    image-3821261424.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 78
Update pictures:

Goby is in and now hiding, zoas are opening, I think the candy cane is inflating. I moved it to the sandbed.

Bearchumjs said:
Update pictures:

Goby is in and now hiding, zoas are opening, I think the candy cane is inflating. I moved it to the sandbed.

I forgot the photos.

Attachments

• image-1553148737.jpg
    image-1553148737.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 77
  • image-3028804469.jpg
    image-3028804469.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 80
You gotta let them sit for a while... Lol i put a coral somewhere and only move it in a few days if its not doing well

Nu-Nu the eel said:
You gotta let them sit for a while... Lol i put a coral somewhere and only move it in a few days if its not doing well

I was trying to figure out where to put them so I could leave them. I moved the candy cane to the sandbed, and the zoas to where there was more flow. One little group is almost completely open. The candy cane is inflating I think... The other two pieces of zoas are only a tiny bit open. I wonder if the flow is too strong. I don't know.

Attachments

• image-959953997.jpg
    image-959953997.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 79
  • image-3851981873.jpg
    image-3851981873.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 81
Nice looking corals you got there! The clown is a cool yellow too. Usually its harder to find them that solid nice yellow. Good job, tanks really coming along

Wanted to ask you, what par 38 bulb did you end up going with?

Back
Top Bottom