fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jmkb02 said:
Wanted to ask you, what par 38 bulb did you end up going with?

It's a 12 W par38 LED with 4 whites, 6 blues, 1 green, 1 red. I lost the link to the page but it was from eBay. Convict helped me get it. :)

Jmkb02 said:
Nice looking corals you got there! The clown is a cool yellow too. Usually its harder to find them that solid nice yellow. Good job, tanks really coming along

Thank you! I'm just hoping there is nothing wrong with him. I fear the Ich! Lol! I haven't seen him since I took the picture.

I'm sure he will be ok. You seem like you have control. I have been looking into scrapping my DIY led I had for my pico and going with a par 38 bulb. I would like to know, if you can find it, where you got that one. :) I like that it has a green and red bulb. That really makes colors pop. Good choice and if you could or would maybe find that link I would greatly appreciate it. Thx

Jmkb02 said:
I'm sure he will be ok. You seem like you have control. I have been looking into scrapping my DIY led I had for my pico and going with a par 38 bulb. I would like to know, if you can find it, where you got that one. :) I like that it has a green and red bulb. That really makes colors pop. Good choice and if you could or would maybe find that link I would greatly appreciate it. Thx

Will do!

Huffers said:
WAHOOOOO!!!! Everything looks great! And those are some nice zoanthids! I'm jealous!

I paid $16.22! The zoas were literally in the bottom of the tank half buried in sand, and I asked if he would sell me 1 for $5. He said if I bought a coral he would throw in the zoas for free. So I got a candy cane. I figured my flow is good and I know my lights are good for the candy cane. It was the least expensive coral that he had. I had a $5 off coupon (petco pals rewards!) so voila! A fish and 4 corals. Hooray!

What I really wanted was the pink birdsnest but they were tiny frags and around $30... I told myself-" Not yet yound padawan! You are still a youngling."

My water level is low due to the drip acclimating so I'm going to do about a 1.5 gal pwc. I'm going to mix up some salt and do the change tomorrow. I may do it tonight. Depends on how long it takes to do this mountain of laundry. I loathe laundry.

You have an awesome petco.
Mine sells good fish(sometimes) and terrible coral(they're way overpriced)
I'm jealous.

Mine doesn't even sell SW livestock. Just tests and equipment that's way over priced.

Khij159753 said:
Mine doesn't even sell SW livestock. Just tests and equipment that's way over priced.

That stinks!

(I think their tiny frags are very over priced. There's a guy on Craigslist and I will probably get the rest of my coral from him.)

Bearchumjs said:
That stinks!

(I think their tiny frags are very over priced. There's a guy on Craigslist and I will probably get the rest of my coral from him.)

Good idea! :)

I have 2 theories.

1- he wasn't well. I looked in the bags to pick the healthiest looking fish... Should have had the guy open the bags so I could see better. When I was acclimating. I thought he looked like he had a spot or three... I don't know. He was very small. 3/4's inch. It was very hard to see him through the bag. I had a bad feeling about it though when I was acclimating him.

2- he hung out by the heater too long and got too hot. Cause he was by the heater... I believe this possibility isn't a real possibility.

I tested my ammo trites and pH after I found him. Didn't test trates because I'm almost out, and I figured if they tested high after the pwc I'd know they were high before the pwc.

Salinity: 1.025
Ammo : above .25 but not .50
Trites : slightly elevated over 0 but not even close to .25
pH was ~8.2. Probably closer to 8.1 but that's not an option on the color card.

I did a 1.5 gall pwc.

Salinity: 1.025
Ammo is .25ish
Trates: 5ppm
pH: 8.1-8.2

Didn't test trites again. No need.

Oh- my water temp is 76.

I expected to see a spike in ammo or trites since he was dead. I'll check the levels in the morning to make sure they aren't too high. So that stinks. Now I've had a fish in my tank that probably had Ich. So I won't be getting another fish anytime soon. I could say some swears right now but I'm not going to. It isn't lady like. *sigh*

Sorry to here about the goby :(

It could be a multitude of reasons. Don't let it get ya down. Could have been sick already.

Tank is looking awesome though!!

Stinks but it happens. I doubt it was ich that killed him. Not that fast unless he was severely stressed before the move and the move was just too much for him.

Well guys, the store had gotten in 3 yellow ones and 2 black ones, so I can always go look at them next week. We'll see. I will focus on the health of the coral.

Bearchumjs said:
Well guys, the store had gotten in 3 yellow ones and 2 black ones, so I can always go look at them next week. We'll see. I will focus on the health of the coral.

I think I'll wait for a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom