fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to hear about the fish. On the positive side, you found him instead of him just disappearing and your tank handled the spike very well. You did a great job of cycling the tank and it shows. Losing a fish is always hard, especially when it's your first one and you have such high hopes, but it will be ok. I personally would head over to petco and watch the other ones. Ask them to feed them and just watch how they act. Look for stress and other symptoms that can cause ich.

Keep in mind, sometimes it's the way they catch the fish in the wild that can cause the death. Just keep your head up and it will be ok :)

Why not ask about their policies and see if you can get a replacement? If you wait a few weeks you might not be able to!

scottayy said:
Why not ask about their policies and see if you can get a replacement? If you wait a few weeks you might not be able to!

Yesterday he told me they have a no return policy.

I have some good news. My candy came looks amazing! I turned the light on and checked the tank after 30 minutes and it was completely inflated. Zoas... Well... How long should they take to open up? Cause they are taking FOREVER.

Last edited:
They do look good. If you view them at night you can see their tentacles come out.

Bearchumjs said:
I forgot the picture again

The candy cane looks happy. IME zoas can take a little time getting use to things. I have a colony that I bought and it took about a week but now there all nice and happy. I'd give it some time.

Convict2161 said:
The candy cane looks happy. IME zoas can take a little time getting use to things. I have a colony that I bought and it took about a week but now there all nice and happy. I'd give it some time.

Thanks. Some of the polyps on the zoas are opened nicely, while others are barely open. And they take forever to open. I will just leave them be and see how things go.

Welcome to the wonderful world of corals and the never-ending quest of trying to make them happy :D And all the guessing that goes along with it, lol.

+1, they are almost as needy as my wife lol. Always trying to improve and make them both happy :)

Zoas looked better yesterday. I'm thinking my next purchase is the little pico power head. Maybe this next week. We'll see.

Yeah, them zoa's probably wanting some flow. Although it's completely normal for them to be skittish for a while after putting them in there.

Maybe try puttin something in there to create a little flow to see if I helps. Something cheap and temporary.

Khij159753 said:
Maybe try puttin something in there to create a little flow to see if I helps. Something cheap and temporary.

The little power head I want is less than $20 on amazon. But until I get it I will lower my water level to where it was yesterday. It created more flow having the water level lower. The candy came seems super happy on the sandbed. As long as he keeps looking good he is staying right there.

I'm so sorry about your little clown goby!!!! :( Don't be discouraged though! I had one of my sexy shrimp die last week a day after I got it. It does happen, and it's not always ich. These little fish are put through a lot before they reach us.

Beengirl said:
I'm so sorry about your little clown goby!!!! :( Don't be discouraged though! I had one of my sexy shrimp die last week a day after I got it. It does happen, and it's not always ich. These little fish are put through a lot before they reach us.

I know. I can't believe it was so fast. Not even 12 hours. I'll get another one soon. :)

Back
Top Bottom