fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is the epoxy made for corals? This one i have is like a purple stick with gray stuff in the middle and you rub it together and then put it on the rock and stick the coral on it.

Super glue gel just takes a small dab and put the coral on it and then stick it in the water where it hardens like instantly.

Neither will kill the coral or poison the tank.

scottayy said:
Is the epoxy made for corals? This one i have is like a purple stick with gray stuff in the middle and you rub it together and then put it on the rock and stick the coral on it.

Super glue gel just takes a small dab and put the coral on it and then stick it in the water where it hardens like instantly.

Neither will kill the coral or poison the tank.

The epoxy I got is to glue my side view mirror to my car. It's loose. Somebody (this gal!) hit it on the side of the garage on day when she was backing out... Anywho... Maybe I'll just get the super glue.

Time limit on how long the zoas can stay out of the water?

Bearchumjs said:
The epoxy I got is to glue my side view mirror to my car. It's loose. Somebody (this gal!) hit it on the side of the garage on day when she was backing out... Anywho... Maybe I'll just get the super glue.

Time limit on how long the zoas can stay out of the water?

Try to minimize the time any coral is outta water.

Yeah don't use the car epoxy lol. No telling what chemicals are in it. Yeah, get the super glue GEL (the regular stuff is too watery and doesn't work right). There's really no doing it wrong lol. I've had corals out of the water like 10-15 minutes before when cutting them off plugs.

I've had some of my polyps out for like 10 minutes with no probs. Just be careful because they will squirt and it can irritate your eyes if it gets into them. My Lfs had a zoa that squirt him in his right eye and it swelled closed for almost a week. I wear glasses just in case.

Fortunately the crab didn't knock the zoas over last night. I'm leaving them be unless he starts bugging them again. My goal is to not touch the tank for a week and see how everything looks. Today is day 1. 6 to go...........

Bearchumjs said:
Fortunately the crab didn't knock the zoas over last night. I'm leaving them be unless he starts bugging them again. My goal is to not touch the tank for a week and see how everything looks. Today is day 1. 6 to go...........

Not do anything for a week???!!! Good luck! I wouldn't be able to do it. Lol :)

+1. Sometimes the best thing you can do for your tank is nothing. Let it stabilize a little bit.

Though I don't think you've been doing anything bad. :)

scottayy said:
+1. Sometimes the best thing you can do for your tank is nothing. Let it stabilize a little bit.

Though I don't think you've been doing anything bad. :)

Lol! Thanks. :) But I feel like I need to let it sit. Just tested nitrates and they are still 10-20. Salinity is 1.025. So besides testing the water I will keep my hand out of the tank!

Beengirl- this is going to drive me crazy. Nothing for a week?! Ahhh!!!!!

Did a good job leaving my tank alone today. It helped that I was busy all day. Lol! Anyway, the zoas looked ok, the candy cane looked better! The ticked off deflated polyp was half inflated today. That made me happy. The lights just went off and I used my phone to get a pic of the candy canes feeder tentacles. (The polyp with no tentacles out is the one that's been ticked off the last few days.)

Attachments

• image-3797013867.jpg
    image-3797013867.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 77
scottayy said:
I'd say they are happy! The polyp will come around, he's just adjusting.

Thanks! I guess I can't say I comeplety left it alone. I scraped the sides off a little and gave the tank a good stir to lift anything up off the sand... Diatoms, snail poop... Whatever.

Hey! Still no ... My brain quite working...
Oh! Cyano! Still no cyano!

Well, either one of my hermits died or he switched shells. I think he moved into a new shell because I think I had 4 extra shells... I see only 3 now. I'm mixing water for a 1.5 gal pwc.

Yeah they do that. It's good to keep extra shells in different sizes as they will take new shells as they molt and grow. Plus it keep your snails alive.

Bearchumjs said:
I just looked in the tank and I see him in a new shell! Hooray!!

Yay!! I hate it when thing like that happen gives me a heart attack when I see them in another shell

Back
Top Bottom