fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is going to be awesome!!! *subscribed* :)

Definitly get a lid! Even if it is ugly like my old one (screen top) there is no worse feeling in the world then finding a jumper on your carpet :/

scottayy said:
Wood trim maybe. Or maybe just tape it on till you learn if it's a jumper. Is that attached on to the side?

It is attached onto the side. Maybe with silicone? I can't budge it. Ugh.

Alright im here! Good luck! Picos are tough, I do know someone who has a coral only pico and only changes a red plastic cup a month though.

needmorecowbell said:
Alright im here! Good luck! Picos are tough, I do know someone who has a coral only pico and only changes a red plastic cup a month though.

Red solo cup?

I'm not planning on much fish (if any) so hopefully I'll do ok. Maybe a margarita snail, turbo snail, and a sexy shrimp or something. Oh, a bumblebee snail. :)

You could work it off with a razor. If the piece is plastic and siliconed to glass it shouldn't be a whole lot of trouble to get it off.

You could also cut a piece of egg crate (light diffuser) to go over the top as well.

scottayy said:
You could work it off with a razor. If the piece is plastic and siliconed to glass it shouldn't be a whole lot of trouble to get it off.

You could also cut a piece of egg crate (light diffuser) to go over the top as well.

Yeah- I think it's plastic. I will give it a try and see if it comes off. Egg crate is a good idea too. I'm going to have to draw up a plan.

No, that is terrible. Dried makes it base rock which you can find for $1-2/pound.

Bearchumjs said:
Red solo cup?

I'm not planning on much fish (if any) so hopefully I'll do ok. Maybe a margarita snail, turbo snail, and a sexy shrimp or something. Oh, a bumblebee snail. :)

Yeah those lol. Turbo snails might not do well in your tank, they are big and move stuff around. If you go on reefcleaners.com they have recommended stock or you can work with him to get a custom order.

Get a colony of sexy shrimp! I saw it at the lfs and it was sooo funny... They had like 5 and they would always chill with eachother :)

Yeah, they are really cool, I was going to get a few but im worried id never see them and plus my flame hawk would have them as snacks :/

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Get a colony of sexy shrimp! I saw it at the lfs and it was sooo funny... They had like 5 and they would always chill with eachother :)

Really? I will have to keep that in mind for sure!

needmorecowbell said:
Yeah those lol. Turbo snails might not do well in your tank, they are big and move stuff around. If you go on reefcleaners.com they have recommended stock or you can work with him to get a custom order.

Ok. No turbo's.
What about nassarius snails?

I'll have to go look at that website.

Yeah, I like em. Know that just because a coral is brown in a tank doesn't mean it can't color up. I bought my green slimer and it looked a bit brown, this is how it looks now. You can actually ask lfs if they have any brownouts they can sell you for a lower price and a lot have them.

Attachments

• image-4095192644.jpg
    image-4095192644.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 105
I would buy the crap out of those frags! lol
can't beat that price, and with proper care they will recover (plus some look really good already)

I just emailed the Craigslist guy about his rock. I told him I'd pay $1 per lb for 5-8 lbs. we'll see what he says.

needmorecowbell said:
Yeah, I like em. Know that just because a coral is brown in a tank doesn't mean it can't color up. I bought my green slimer and it looked a bit brown, this is how it looks now. You can actually ask lfs if they have any brownouts they can sell you for a lower price and a lot have them.

That's gorgeous! Very vibrant!

Back
Top Bottom