fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brickleberry ate today!! I squirted some frozen mysis at him and he attacked it like a champ! He still looks like crap with all the bumps but at least I have seen him eat! And he got a couple of good sized pieces too. :)

*happy dance!*

Bearchumjs said:
Brickleberry ate today!! I squirted some frozen mysis at him and he attacked it like a champ! He still looks like crap with all the bumps but at least I have seen him eat! And he got a couple of good sized pieces too. :)

*happy dance!*

Glad to hear that! Hope he continues to get better! ?

Jmkb02 said:
Great job! How's the algae prob coming along??

I'm not talking about the algae problem. Cause if I ignore it, it will go away, right!? Lol!

It's not getting worse. But it isn't going away. I'm planning on buying some of the petco natural seawater. I've been researching it and all the reviews I see are great reviews. I'm going to give it a whirl. It should help the algae die off. So I will do a pwc today or tomorrow with it.

Brickleberry ate again today! I'm becoming more hopeful that he is going to come through this just fine. He's still bumpy and hiding in his cave. Hopefully tomorrow he will feel much better!

Haha! Don't we all wish that how it was. Don't talk about anything and it just goes away. :) by the way I had the same problem with my little pico. I was doing water changes daily and nothing. Found out it was from my water source. I bought my own rodi unit, cut back in my light schedule for a week or so, and bought some electric blue hermits, no more algae. It worked for me....

Glad your goby is doing well, I'm glad this little guy is working out for you.

Jmkb02 said:
Haha! Don't we all wish that how it was. Don't talk about anything and it just goes away. :) by the way I had the same problem with my little pico. I was doing water changes daily and nothing. Found out it was from my water source. I bought my own rodi unit, cut back in my light schedule for a week or so, and bought some electric blue hermits, no more algae. It worked for me....

Glad your goby is doing well, I'm glad this little guy is working out for you.

I think it's my source water. That's why I'm going to try some different water this time. I could probably get a couple more blue leg hermits and another astrea snail. I just saw Brickleberry peeking out from a different spot! Still close to his cave but he is getting more brave I think!

75% pwc complete. I used the ocean water from petco. Took some photos so I can compare the tank to them in a few days. I'm hoping to see less hair algae. My zoas have been looking slightly unhappy the last few days. Possibly due to the algae growing around it. Anyway, I'll put links to my profile pics later.

Morning update: Brickleberry is still in his cave, but ate like a champ again. I'm no longer worried about him starving to death. He still has bumps. They might be receding. It's hard to tell since he won't come out and say hello yet.

Nassarius snails- doing good.
Astrea snail- doing good
Blue leg hermits- doing good
Emerald crab- haven't seen him in 2 days. Hopefully he's doing good.
Feather duster worms (i have 7!)- looking good!

Candy cane- doing good.
Zoas- hanging in there. They have hair algae all around them. How do I get it away from them without hurting the zoas? I'm going to try some tweezers I guess.

also, I should be getting the new PH tomorrow. Woot!

I just spent 20 minutes picking algae off my zoas with tweezers. It looks a lot better than it did. I guess it was a labor of love. Now I'm waiting for them to all open back up so I can see their pretty colors.

Ok!! I just got my PH in the mail!

So I will get that in there. As far as the hair algae, can I remove the live rock long enough to give it a good scrub and then put it back in? Will that cause too much of a problem? There are 4 rocks I'd love to scrub.

Got my PH in. I'm happy with it. Also scrubbed some algae off of a couple rocks. My neon green zoas were closed up all evening. I think it's because of the algae. Ugh...

Brickleberry is still hanging! He ate again today. I'll feed him a little more before lights out.

I had to move a rock to make sure the astrea snail wasn't dead. He's not. Anyway... I got a good look at Brickleberry and he is definitely looking better! Target fed him some mysis, which he gobbled up. My sis in law came over. She thought the tank was neat. She thought the nassarius snails were the craziest things ever!

Turned off my light when I went out today. I came back home and turned it on and Brickleberry was out in the open! He is definitely looking better!

Back
Top Bottom