fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I fed my candy cane mysis this morning. 1 piece per poly. How much do I need to feed it so that it will start to grow? It is doing really well. It inflates really good during the day and has feeder tentacles out at night. I would love for it to start splitting into new polyps.

Tank is looking good Jen! I like that one crab's white shell. :) candy cane looks happy too. :)

Beengirl said:
Tank is looking good Jen! I like that one crab's white shell. :) candy cane looks happy too. :)

Thank you!

That white shell doesn't have a crab in it. I wish there was one in it though!

Bearchumjs said:
Thank you!

That white shell doesn't have a crab in it. I wish there was one in it though!

Well maybe someone will move into it some day- I would if I was a crab cuz it's pretty. :)

NEW DISCOVERY/ADDITION!!!

I didn't really add anything... But I discovered it this morning. So it's now been added to the stock list. Here's a picture:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/57623-albums10476-picture45444.html

Also, a hermit crab molted (I hope...). I'm going to keep an eye out for all 3 red leg hermits today to be sure I have only found a molt.

Plus- the tank is looking good! The hermits and snails are doing good work on the algae. I'm not sad about it anymore. Yay! They still have work to do, but it's coming along really well. :)

Did a 5 cup pwc this morning! Washed the inside glass, tooth brushed the rocks. It looks good in there! Hair algae is finally getting under control. There isn't any new growing and the stuff that's still on the rocks isn't growing loooong anymore. I'm hoping in another 2 weeks it will all be gone. And what's more? I have like- 13 feather dusters now on my duster colony, and my neon greens are up to 15 polyps now. I started with about 4 or 5. I found a cerith snail in my HOB... Again. I have no idea why they want to be in the filter! Lol! Here's some picture links! :)

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/57623-albums10476-picture45565.html

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/57623-albums10476-picture45566.html

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/57623-albums10476-picture45567.html

Wow! Your feather dusters are beautiful. I've been silently following along and love your tank. I've actually been inspired to start a pico reef as well. On a side note, what are the feather dusters called?

NarwhalLover3 said:
Wow! Your feather dusters are beautiful. I've been silently following along and love your tank. I've actually been inspired to start a pico reef as well. On a side note, what are the feather dusters called?

I don't know what type they are. I was fiddling around with my tank one day and found a piece of rubble in my HOB filter that had a couple feather dusters on it. I thought it was awesome and moved it to the tank. There were 3 or 4 to start, and tonight I counted 15! I just got lucky with them I guess! When you start your pico give me a link to your thread and I will follow along! :)

Ps- narwhals are probably the coolest whale ever!

Wow! I haven't had anything that cool pop up into my tank yet. When I say "tank" I'm referring to my 90 gallon. I do have tons of feather dusters but they're an ugly dull brown/orange color. I just can't get over how vibrant yours are, and I'll be sure to do that. It seems like you'd be able to give good pointers.

P.s. I thought so too! Haha :)

I want a Duncan and a ricordia mushroom. I have an idea where I will put the Duncan (sand bed in lower flow area), but where would I put a ricordia? I have a FTS a few posts up. I was thinking maybe on the small rock by the feather duster colony. It gets good light and moderate flow.

Ricordia don't need lots of light. Put it in lower half of tank, if it isn't spread out in couple of days, might be too much light of flow, so move it a little. BTW- I so want you feather colony!!! LOVE it! :)

Beengirl said:
Ricordia don't need lots of light. Put it in lower half of tank, if it isn't spread out in couple of days, might be too much light of flow, so move it a little. BTW- I so want you feather colony!!! LOVE it! :)

I found another dead hermit. It was a blue leg. Looked like he was pulled right out of his shell. I think one of my red leg hermits has gone rogue. I had read that about them. It stinks cause I had asked for blue leg ones... Anyway...

Since I had to take out the hermit I moved a rock a little to make a shady spot. I'm thinking that's where I'd put a ricordia when I get one. Eventually. Some day... I really new a new coral or two... *sigh*

Back
Top Bottom