fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:/ dont worry too much about the hermit. Honestly they annoy me, they always kill eachother so i dont even bother buying them anymore. Just stick with differant types of crabs and shrimp... They are cooler :) arrow crab!! :)

Attachments

• image-4175253446.jpg
    image-4175253446.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 72
+1 to nu nu on the more shrimps! i think they are way more interesting!
sorry about your loss though, hate to hear of any death in a tank i just see the $$ down the drain!

I'll pass on the arrow crab, thanks. Perhaps I'll get a fire shrimp, pom pom crab, and 3 sexy shrimp eventually.

Bearchumjs said:
I'll pass on the arrow crab, thanks. Perhaps I'll get a fire shrimp, pom pom crab, and 3 sexy shrimp eventually.

Sexy shrimp and Pom Pom!!!!! :D

Ok. So, what do I do? I can move some rocks or my PH. How do I get it out? Siphon? Can I use airline tubing for that? Once I siphon it and move the PH and/or rocks just watch for it to reappear? My husband is going to think I'm nuts... I may just rearrange the whole tank.... Booooo cyano!

I am seriously sick to my stomach about the cyano... I will be doing something about it tonight after dinner.

im dealing with cyano in my 29 right now... it is a pain in the @$$. i got it to stop in the one area, now its showing in other areas.. hope it cleans up easily for u!!

Ok. So here is what I did- siphoned out half the water. Put all rocks in the bucket of water. Used a spoon to remove the cyano layer (there was more than I thought). It worked well. Then I put everything back in the tank. Here's the new scape for now. I'm sure I will tweak it in the next couple of days but it looks like I have good flow around everything.

Left side:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/57623-albums10476-picture45674.html

Front view:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/57623-albums10476-picture45675.html

Looks good Jen! Hope the cyano doesn't cause you any more troubles. Like the rocks!

Thanks guys. I'm really hoping it doesn't come back.

My husband told me my pico tank is boring. He likes the freshwater tank better. You know what that means? I gotta buy more coral!

Bearchumjs said:
Thanks guys. I'm really hoping it doesn't come back.

My husband told me my pico tank is boring. He likes the freshwater tank better. You know what that means? I gotta buy more coral!

Hopefully the cyano doesnt come back!

Yes! More coral Jen! Some zoos, a torch, and some mushrooms would look GREAT!

Aww cmon...i am terified of spiders, but we have an arrow crab! Hes actually very cool. His legs spread out over several corals at a time, its neat. I still wont touch it tho lol

Gboy66 said:
Hopefully the cyano doesnt come back!

Yes! More coral Jen! Some zoos, a torch, and some mushrooms would look GREAT!

Aww cmon...i am terified of spiders, but we have an arrow crab! Hes actually very cool. His legs spread out over several corals at a time, its neat. I still wont touch it tho lol

I think it would be too big for my tiny tank. My husband thought it looked awesome, so maybe when I get my big tank!

I love torch corals, but I'm afraid it will sting everything in my tank. I need a Duncan, ricordia, more zoas, worm brain or plate coral, birdsnest, green slimer (like needmorecowbells!) yellow polyps, clove polyps and silver eye leptastrea, probably some pulsing Xenia.

Back
Top Bottom