fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I might just get some black sand from petco. Too bad I don't live near VA beach or I'd just go get a bucket of that sand!

Well, I think I'm just going to use my PFS. Also, since its a bigger tank I will need more flow. Do you think my 5-10 gal HOB (90 GPH), my 200GPH PH and a second HOB rated for a 20-30 gallon tank would probably be sufficient?

It looks great Jen!! Are you keeping the 5g going too or taking it down? You could always do some sexy shrimp in the 5!!! :)

Beengirl said:
It looks great Jen!! Are you keeping the 5g going too or taking it down? You could always do some sexy shrimp in the 5!!! :)

I think I'm going to keep it empty and use it as a QT tank. I want to slowly add rummy nose tetras to my 55.

What about 3 blue chromis? I guess I need to figure out my options. Never fear! I can't get fish for like at least a month to make sure my tank is is Ich free anyway. But... I am pretty sure I can get a torch! Right?!

Bearchumjs said:
What about 3 blue chromis? I guess I need to figure out my options. Never fear! I can't get fish for like at least a month to make sure my tank is is Ich free anyway. But... I am pretty sure I can get a torch! Right?!

Chromis swim A LOT, and 2-3 fish would max out a 10g. You need a fish that doesn't need a lot of swimming room. Like a blenny or goby of some sort. You could get a goby/shrimp pair. And you could totally get a torch! :) Firefish are so cute and don't need a lot of swimming room, and they're not a schooling fish.

Beengirl said:
Chromis swim A LOT, and 2-3 fish would max out a 10g. You need a fish that doesn't need a lot of swimming room. Like a blenny or goby of some sort. You could get a goby/shrimp pair. And you could totally get a torch! :) Firefish are so cute and don't need a lot of swimming room, and they're not a schooling fish.

I was looking at chromis and saw they need around a 30g tank... Dang. I'm still looking around at my options. Firefish are pretty. I like a black and white striped damsel or a blue damsel with a yellow tail. I think I'm drawn to them lately because most people hate them and call them devil fish! I think one of those might need a bigger tank too.... Great. Now I need a 30g tank! Lol!

Have you looked at any possum wrasses?? They are very cool and only require 10 gallons.

Back
Top Bottom