fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey guys- how do I attach my monti to the live rock? Just super glue gel? I think I like where I have it so I'd like to make it permanent so the crabs stop knocking it off.

Khij159753 said:
Yes ma'am. That's what I do. Well I use a coral glue that I like haha. But yes

Thanks! I'll fiddle with it later today I guess. I think I still have some gel glue left somewhere.

Pufferlove said:
I ordered one from BRS and it comes with an in line pressure valve which tells you the water pressure and a TDS meter

BRS has the best systems around. You'll never regret getting a nice RO.

Oh man! i found a tiny little zoa eating nudibranch today! Got rid of it. :)

I'm thinking about ordering 4 dwarf cerith and 4 zig zag periwinkle snails from reef cleaners. That's not too much for a 10 gal is it?

I already have 2 Florida cerith, 2 nassarius, 4 dwarf hermits, and 1 emerald crab. I need more workers to keep my tank looking good.

Bearchumjs said:
Oh man! i found a tiny little zoa eating nudibranch today! Got rid of it. :)

I'm thinking about ordering 4 dwarf cerith and 4 zig zag periwinkle snails from reef cleaners. That's not too much for a 10 gal is it?

I already have 2 Florida cerith, 2 nassarius, 4 dwarf hermits, and 1 emerald crab. I need more workers to keep my tank looking good.

Booo!! sorry to hear another another nudi!!

That doesn't sound like too much, especially considering the cerith are dwarf and they move kinda slow. I have never heard of a zig zag periwinkle snail, ill have to look those up. Funny name!! The Nassarius don't eat algae, so they don't really count in that regards, so that's really only 10 snails. Sounds good to me! :)

Beengirl said:
Booo!! sorry to hear another another nudi!!

That doesn't sound like too much, especially considering the cerith are dwarf and they move kinda slow. I have never heard of a zig zag periwinkle snail, ill have to look those up. Funny name!! The Nassarius don't eat algae, so they don't really count in that regards, so that's really only 10 snails. Sounds good to me! :)

I like the periwinkles name. Lol! So I thought I better get some. :)

Bearchumjs said:

Yeah... guess this isn't a cooking forum. Sorry. The only periwinkles I've ever run across I ended up cooking. Sorry, that's the only experience I've had with em. Probably should've braised or pressure cooked them.

They did taste like they ate algae so I guess they're great in a tank. lol

Khij159753 said:
Wow! I thought you were kidding haha. How is escargo?

Escargot are wonderful but they're a terrestrial snail in the French version. They're almost always sold precooked and you simply put them into empty shells with butter, parsley, salt and pepper then bake them. Nothing else is like it. So delicious! (^_~

Periwinkles are way stronger with a deep ocean algae earthiness. The lady at the Asian market only spoke Mandarin so I couldn't get a recipe from her when I bought them. :(

Back
Top Bottom