fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey still following along. Everything looks and sounds awesome. Blue!! You my boy blue lol

That's exactly the line my husband quoted. LOL!

I'm about to put him in the tank- the fish, not my husband. Anyway, should I try to feed him some mysis tomorrow morning? I don't think I'll feed him tonight. And are pellets good to feed him? I have some omnivore pellets too. I'm so nervous that he will die. I hope he does well!

That's exactly the line my husband quoted. LOL!

I'm about to put him in the tank- the fish, not my husband. Anyway, should I try to feed him some mysis tomorrow morning? I don't think I'll feed him tonight. And are pellets good to feed him? I have some omnivore pellets too. I'm so nervous that he will die. I hope he does well!

He'll be fine tonight without feeding. Most of my fish when I first get them won't eat the first day anyway. I like to turn the lights off when I put a new fish in. Help them ht accustom to there new home under the protection of the night.

He'll be fine tonight without feeding. Most of my fish when I first get them won't eat the first day anyway. I like to turn the lights off when I put a new fish in. Help them ht accustom to there new home under the protection of the night.

That's why I purposely wanted to get him this evening rather than this morning. If it were during the day I would have been tempted to turn the light on. It worked out nice. By the time I was done acclimating it was time for the lights to be off anyway! I'm just hoping he's alive in the morning.

So this morning, he was hiding. I turned the light on an hour an a half early today. I found him hiding in the rocks. Thankfully not dead! He looks fantastic!! His color is vibrant (he was looking a little faded when I got home from the store). He's swimming good, he ate a piece of mysis shrimp. About 5 minutes after he ate he's out and about swimming happily! So beautiful! I couldn't be happier right now. The margarita snail I didn't see, but that's ok. She's probably under a rock doing her job. Here is a picture I took of blue while he was hiding. :)

(Are new life spectrum omnivore pellets good to feed him or should I try flake or just stick with mysis?)

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/57623-albums10765-picture48846.html

New Life Spectrum omnivore is an excellent food.

Thanks! I'll give it a try in a few days! I just fed him a little bit ago- a little more mysis- and he gobbled it up. So I should feed him every other day? Once a week? I feed my freshies once a day every day, so want to be sure what to do for this little guy. :)

I always try to feed my fish twice a day but very small amounts. I cut frozen food cubes into eighths or smaller. Once a day is fine, but the same amount of food broken into two feedings is better for the fish and easier on the tank (less waste). You can actually feed less total food to fish and keep them healthier if done this way. These guys are grazers in the wild. Honestly though, people have all kinds of feeding methods that work. This is only one. Overfeeding is the only method that never seems to keep a tank healthy.

I always try to feed my fish twice a day but very small amounts. I cut frozen food cubes into eighths or smaller. Once a day is fine, but the same amount of food broken into two feedings is better for the fish and easier on the tank (less waste). You can actually feed less total food to fish and keep them healthier if done this way. These guys are grazers in the wild. Honestly though, people have all kinds of feeding methods that work. This is only one. Overfeeding is the only method that never seems to keep a tank healthy.

Ok. I have the frozen mysis cubes and I just used a knife to scrape off a little chunk and fed him that. I will probably try feeding him 1x a day and see how that goes then. One cube is probably going to last me 3 weeks... Lol!

So... I've got some cyano. I swear it seems worse today and I just did a pwc yesterday (about 2.5 gallons). Anyway, is there something I can use to get rid of it? It's not out of control... Like it isn't all over my rocks and coral, but it's some on the sandbed in the front of the tank and there was a lovely patch of it behind the liverock that I removed during the pwc yesterday. It'd be nice if I didnt have to worry about it and have it gone.

Ok. I have the frozen mysis cubes and I just used a knife to scrape off a little chunk and fed him that. I will probably try feeding him 1x a day and see how that goes then. One cube is probably going to last me 3 weeks... Lol!

So... I've got some cyano. I swear it seems worse today and I just did a pwc yesterday (about 2.5 gallons). Anyway, is there something I can use to get rid of it? It's not out of control... Like it isn't all over my rocks and coral, but it's some on the sandbed in the front of the tank and there was a lovely patch of it behind the liverock that I removed during the pwc yesterday. It'd be nice if I didnt have to worry about it and have it gone.

I feed my guys in my 29g half a cube every other day(and that's 4 fish total) and in my 90g I'm doing a quarter cube every other day, obviously only have the chromis in there now so not much food needed.

As for the cyano, you got me lol my 29g keeps breaking out with it on my sandbed and certain spots on the back glass, I just siphon it out :)

Congrats on Blue!!! He's very pretty. :) Personally, i would rotate the food between the mysis, flakes and pellets. It's usually healthier than eating the same thing every day.

Congrats on Blue!!! He's very pretty. :) Personally, i would rotate the food between the mysis, flakes and pellets. It's usually healthier than eating the same thing every day.

I like variety. I feed my freshwater fish a variety of foods. :)

What is a good flake? Since I won't have to buy it often I want to get a really good quality. I fed Blue some pellets today. He grabbed a hold of one and spit it out a few times and then gave up on it. I imagine it's the first time he's ever had it. After I gave him the pellets I gave him a tiny bit of mysis so he wouldn't be hungry today. I'll try the pellet again tomorrow.

Ps- the hermits, emerald crab, and nassarius snail loved that Blue didnt eat his pellets. They were all piled up fighting over them!

Well i dont use flakes i use pellets, but they are great. Nls pellets, every fish i have loves them... Corals do too!

Back
Top Bottom