fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey I would recommend leaving him there for a couple of day and then move him if he's not happy. Most corals take a couple of days to fully acclimate and I ya keep moving him it may take even longer. :)

You're probably right. I think I've finally got him in a good spot. He's been there since last night. He's a little better extended today so I think he's in a good place. I really don't have any more ideas of where to put him anyway!

Sometimes it's literally just time. Glad to hear he's opening up a bit more today. Hope I didn't sound mean, was only trying to help a bit. :)

Sometimes it's literally just time. Glad to hear he's opening up a bit more today. Hope I didn't sound mean, was only trying to help a bit. :)

You didn't sound mean at all and a really do appreciate the help. Lights will turn on at 10. I wonder what he will look like today!

Oh good! Any good news?

The good news is that it isn't dead yet. It's a smidgen more extended today. Here's some pictures.

Also, the hermits went on a rampage last night! Knocked over 2 zoa frags (one was glued down!) and my pagoda cup frag which is on a rather large plug... Also, the purigen I put in the filter is helping reduce the algae that was starting to grow and the water clarity has also improved. Yay!

Frogspawn side by side, yesterday and today:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/57623-albums10765-picture49723.html

Yellow ric (so pitiful!):
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/57623-albums10765-picture49724.html

Green/brown mushroom:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/57623-albums10765-picture49725.html

Full tank shot:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/57623-albums10765-picture49726.html

Tank looks good! Any news on your froggy??

Thank you!

Well, froggy is doing a little better. His polyps are a little more extended but no where near what they should be. Yesterday they extended a little more, but by the end of the day it was back to looking like it did 2 days ago. So I thought maybe it was getting too much light still. Rather than move it I simply lowered my light an inch or 2 and by doing so the frogspawn is getting a little less indirect light. I'll just continue to let it be.

They yellow ricordia has not improved at all. My theory on it is that it was in too high light before I got it. I'm guessing its just needing time to recover. The flesh of it was really white, and now it's looking a little more yellowish I think.

The purigen I put in last Sunday is working wonders on the hair algae I was having. I've not seen hardly any cyano either. Blue is continuing to do fantastic!

Prob just needs a little food in the water and hell pump right on up

Jmkb02 said:
Prob just needs a little food in the water and hell pump right on up

Right. It may be necessary to feed him just a little after the lights are out and it extends it's tentacles. That's what I've always done when they're new anyway. Once it adjusts to your light schedule he may start to throw out a few tentacles right before the lights go off. That's also a good time to target feed him a bit of chow.

Right. It may be necessary to feed him just a little after the lights are out and it extends it's tentacles. That's what I've always done when they're new anyway. Once it adjusts to your light schedule he may start to throw out a few tentacles right before the lights go off. That's also a good time to target feed him a bit of chow.

Well, I've had him since septemberish. I had just fed him the day before. He looks really bad today. I'm going to post in the sick coral section about him.

Oh, that long. Yikes! My first instinct is to test everything and recalibrate the refractometer. Giving it a coral dip may be prudent just in case it's something on him that's undetectable.

Oh, that long. Yikes! My first instinct is to test everything and recalibrate the refractometer. Giving it a coral dip may be prudent just in case it's something on him that's undetectable.

I just did a 25% pwc, tested the salinity and it's still 1.025. How would I coral dip him? Just dip him in fresh water for 2 mins? I don't want to stress him more than he already is but i also dont want him to die. When I did the pwc I noticed there is a film on top of the water. I didnt fill the tank quite so high in case this is a gas exchange issue?? I also raised the power head a few inches to see if that might help. I'll see if this makes any difference. All my other coral are perfectly happy. The frogspawn was even more extended today (still not close to fully but much better than a few days ago). Also, even though the yellow ric is still kind of shriveled and sucked up it appears that it is improving. This makes me sad about the trumpet coral. I hope he's going to be ok.

Thank you for confirming my thoughts exactly!

When u got my first ricordea, it took a while to fully expand. Can't remember exactly how long, but I remember thinking "it's STILL not happy yet??!!" Lol. Now it's big and spread out and happy.

Back
Top Bottom