fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bearchumjs said:
Thank you. We'll see if it works. Hopefully it recovers. We will just wait and see I guess. At least I can say I'm learning something.

Now THAT'S and attitude worth having! lol

We went to Seattle yesterday and we turned off the heater. No big deal... Well as soon as we got home tonight the first thing I do is check the fish. 55gal- good! 35 gal- good! 10 gal reef- not good. The corals are not extended and what not. Look at thermometer- 70 degrees! Apparently the tank heater was set for 70?! I turned it up after I verified that it was plugged in. No idea why it was set so low. The tank is always at 76. Hopefully my coral and Blue aren't too mad at me.

Thankfully all the coral didnt mind the drop in temp the other day. I bought some Kent MicroVert today. It said 2-3 drops per gallon of water. I put in 5 Drops total. :)

Thankfully all the coral didnt mind the drop in temp the other day. I bought some Kent MicroVert today. It said 2-3 drops per gallon of water. I put in 5 Drops total. :)

Glad that everything made it through the temp fluctuation okay!!

Ok... So I finally got around to that PWC. I did just about a 50%. My son had a cold and pink eye. I couldn't get to the store for my water.

Apparently having a saltwater tank has given me extreme patience with stocking tanks. Here I sit in my living room, to my left- my 10g reef. To my right, my 55 gal freshwater tank. It's occupied by 2 male endler guppies, a nerite snail, Malaysian trumpet snails and 3 ghost shrimp. I was at a store full of fish today and all I bought was a single golden mystery snail. So yeah- patience!

That is the key to this hobby! It's so hard sometimes to go and buy salt or something else you need and walk away from all those beautiful corals and fish and great deals. If you can do that, you will more than succeed at this hobby! Good job chicka!

How detrimental would it be for my frogspawn if I removed it from the tank so that I could glue it to a piece of small liverock? Something- snail or hermit crab- keeps pushing it over. It is currently sitting in the sand. It's quite happy where it is. It just needs to be anchored to something so it doesn't get pushed over anymore.

How detrimental would it be for my frogspawn if I removed it from the tank so that I could glue it to a piece of small liverock? Something- snail or hermit crab- keeps pushing it over. It is currently sitting in the sand. It's quite happy where it is. It just needs to be anchored to something so it doesn't get pushed over anymore.

When I glued my frogspawn, I held it upside down in the tank so the plug was out of the water and I could dry the plug and add the glue. The frogspawn itself didn't leave the water. It won't hurt it to be out of water for a short period, I just figured its better if I didn't. It was still upset for about a day, but he's happy again now. :)

When I glued my frogspawn, I held it upside down in the tank so the plug was out of the water and I could dry the plug and add the glue. The frogspawn itself didn't leave the water. It won't hurt it to be out of water for a short period, I just figured its better if I didn't. It was still upset for about a day, but he's happy again now. :)

+1 I would try this method. I lost a head on mine when it was out for no longer than 1 minute. It closed for about three days and then one of the four heads never came back out. Try and keep it in the water if at all possible.

+1 I would try this method. I lost a head on mine when it was out for no longer than 1 minute. It closed for about three days and then one of the four heads never came back out. Try and keep it in the water if at all possible.

Will do. It's not on a frag plug so it may be tricky. I'll need to buy more super glue gel first. I can't afford to lose a head. I only have one head!

On a different note, all my coral seem to like the Kent MicroVert. My pagoda is getting more green (I had noticed its color was fading) and is sprouting 2 new polyps, my zoas and palys are brighter and I see a few new polyps, my mushroom is more green, and the frogspawn looks good it's gotten more tentacles I believe. Also, my feather dusters crowns have gotten larger, so they must like it too! :) It says to use it 3 times a week and 2-3 drops per gallon. I've used it once last week and once this week and used a total of 5 drops each time.

Hey guys. I have a trade proposition. I have xmen palys. A piece broke off a few weeks ago. I tried to glue it to the liverock but something knocked it over and I couldn't find it. Well, I've finally found it! It has 3 polyps and one itty bitty baby polyp. I've moved it back into the light and I'm sure that it will open and be happy again. So, I would like to know if anyone has anything they'd like to trade for it. I'm interested in toadstool leather, Kenya tree, finger leather, pulsing Xenia, clove polyps... Or just let me know what you have. I'm really looking for something that will do well in high flow and medium light. Obviously I will need to make sure my xmen palys recover before I go mailing them off. This isn't a let's trade this weekend sort of thing. It'll happen in a week or two. I also have to figure out how to ship it. Here's a photo of the frag on my sandbed (it's attached to the chunk of superglue I used to attempt gluing it down), and the other pic is the original frag so you can see what they look like fully open.

57623-albums10765-picture52288.png

Ill trade you a pulsing Xenia for it! I actually just fragged mine and have a nice piece with 7-8 pulsing "hands". Let me know. Ill try to get a pic for you.

Here's the pic of the Xenia I recently fragged. He's got 8 heads now but they grow quick. I started out with a piece about this same size when I first got mine and the 2nd pic is what mine looks like now.

Attachments

• image-200628948.jpg
    image-200628948.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 109
  • image-2472439358.jpg
    image-2472439358.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 124
Here's the pic of the Xenia I recently fragged. He's got 8 heads now but they grow quick. I started out with a piece about this same size when I first got mine and the 2nd pic is what mine looks like now.

That will be perfect! I see all 3 polyps open on the xmen palys today. Maybe we can mail things at the end of the week. How long ago did you frag the Xenia?

I fragged it just this past Wednesday. I would say we prolly should mail them at the beginning of the week to avoid having them sit over the weekend and this way wouldn't have to pay for overnight shipping. We can wait a week and try for next Monday if you like?

I fragged it just this past Wednesday. I would say we prolly should mail them at the beginning of the week to avoid having them sit over the weekend and this way wouldn't have to pay for overnight shipping. We can wait a week and try for next Monday if you like?

That'll work!

Back
Top Bottom