fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It does sorta look like froggy is splitting... They do branch.. My bro's has 6 heads...

Cause you could probably order stuff from anywhere else beside Petco. I wouldn't use them if you can. There is one near my house, and all of there fish are just no bueno. I just wouldn't go through them if you can

Cause you could probably order stuff from anywhere else beside Petco. I wouldn't use them if you can. There is one near my house, and all of there fish are just no bueno. I just wouldn't go through them if you can

Generally this is right, but there are some that are pretty nice. There is one several hours away from me that has a frag tank and all kinds of stuff. My local one isn't the best, but it is better than the other lfs. Hit or miss.

It does sorta look like froggy is splitting... They do branch.. My bro's has 6 heads...

Well I hope he's just splitting! It's weird. It happened all of a sudden. The other half of it is still very happy. I added some chemi pure elite today. That should take care of any poor water quality- not that I think my water is poor... I've been doing good only feeding Blue once a day and only 4-5 pellets. I also keep up on my weekly pwcs. Hair algae grows on my heater and it annoys me.

How long does it take a frogspawn to split?

Oh yeah, ours is pretty nice. The guys who work in aquatics are real knowledgable about aquariums. The gals- not so much. That being said- it's still a big chain store and they can only do so much. Their tanks looked really crappy today, which is unusual. Basically you can only buy coral if they just got it in. If its looking poor cause its needs aren't being met they won't sell it at a discount. I think they charge too much anyway. In a few months the new LFS should have their coral tanks up and running. The new place is where I got the frogspawn. They got it in with a fish order and weren't ready for coral so she sold it to me for $5. They would probably order me a coral if I asked, even though their tanks aren't set up. I'll probably wait until my birthday to get more coral. Maybe a Kenya tree and another zoa frag.

Here's the frogspawn tonight.

57623-albums10765-picture50851.png

When my frogspawn split, it closed for literally a week. I thought for sure it was gone then boom! Two heads! Just think of it as a good thing and stay motivated! The tank is looking great and you have done some awesome improvements. Keep your head up chicka, your doing great!

Well. The frogspawn still looks crappy.

I noticed yesterday but didnt think much of it, my ricordia is still moving, and now there is a cloudy goo looking substance just above him. There seems to be more "goo" today. Do I leave the goo? Do I siphon it out with airline tubing? I took a picture but the "goo" doesn't show up too well. It's the lighting cloud on the rock right next to the top of the ric.

57623-albums10765-picture50911.png

It's best to syphon it out. That goo certainly isn't anything worth leaving. It'll dissolve if you let it be but that would only end up as more waste in the tank. It's either part of the corals inner tissue or expelled zooxanthellae or something like that. I'm no biologist so who knows but I've seen that happen before. No sense in letting it decompose in a closed system.

It's best to syphon it out. That goo certainly isn't anything worth leaving. It'll dissolve if you let it be but that would only end up as more waste in the tank. It's either part of the corals inner tissue or expelled zooxanthellae or something like that. I'm no biologist so who knows but I've seen that happen before. No sense in letting it decompose in a closed system.

Ok! I wanted to make sure it wouldn't hurt the little guy before I did anything. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom