fluval Chi to 10 gal upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The little bottle has sand and shells in it. My mother in law got it for me when she went to Hawaii. :). She also got me some sand from Waikiki beach that I need to get a bottle for.

I was told to boil the lemon juice and the shoot it into the aiptasia's oral disc with a syringe.

I only tried this once bc it's hard to catch them while their still open and when I finally did, it didn't work. Filefish is the only thing I found to actually work. Mine picked it right out of a zoa colony with damaging even one and then a few more throughout. When he was done, I passed him on to another reefer who also had great luck. Cool little fish too! Other than that I got nothing. :)

Aptasia-x didn't work for any of my tanks. Just my two cents. They went away for around a week then came right back. I kept up with the dosage recommended and try just kept thriving. For the filefish and all were gone in a week and haven't seen them since.

Claude, the skunk cleaner shrimp, molted! :). Blue nips at his antennae sometimes. I noticed today my flow seemed lacking so I cleaned the PH and the impeller on my HOB. That seemed to fix the issue. :).

Claude, the skunk cleaner shrimp, molted! :). Blue nips at his antennae sometimes. I noticed today my flow seemed lacking so I cleaned the PH and the impeller on my HOB. That seemed to fix the issue. :).

Glad to hear he's molting, that's sign of a healthy tank. Ph cleanings are one that is often over looked. Good catch.

Well, time for an update.

Blue (my yellow tail damsel) is King of the tank! He's doing fantastic!

Claude (skunk cleaner) is also doing wonderful as well! He's fun and friendly.

Coral:

Xmen plays- doing ok. A few have died off.

Zoas- almost all have just dissappeared. I have no idea why.

Pagoda cap: gone. It was slowly dying. It's tissue was just melting away.

Mushroom: doing great!

Frogspawn: doing great! It hasn't split or anything but it's alive and well.

My emerald crab either molted or died. I saw what looked like a molt, but I haven't seen him in some time. The hermits and snails are doing fine.

I just put a brand new tetra whisper 20-40 on the tank and removed my other 2 HOBs. The water flow in the tank was becoming pitiful. This new filter is doing a good job so far. Plus it was on clearance at Walmart for $4.50. Couldn't pass that up! I will post some pictures in just a few minutes. Time to feed the kids lunch first!

57623-albums10765-picture55538.png

57623-albums10765-picture55540.png

57623-albums10765-picture55539.png

The tank is looking great Jen!!! I live cleaner shrimp. :) they are adorable (never in my life did I think I would say that about a shrimp-haha).

Back
Top Bottom