Fluval Spec 2...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those lights are awesome! Sucks about the filter. At least you didn't blow a bunch of money. Always a gamble on something like that.

But in the meantime if anyone can think of a pump solution that would be great... I'm even considering a VERY small power head??

But in the meantime if anyone can think of a pump solution that would be great... I'm even considering a VERY small power head??

I think a power head would take up ALOT of space those nano power heads are bulky IMO.

Hey just a thought... May not work but just came to me. A filter maybe? Like the smallest aqua clear for movement? It wouldn't take up space inside.

Just my opinion...

I have a tiny hydro nano power head that I just put in my 2.5 gallon pico. It made a huge difference.I like it a lot. It's a hydor nano 180 gph. I'll post a pic.

Found it!!!

img_2384209_0_e44c2d955d24586a07de91e8f07713ac.jpg

Please excuse the algae. its about to get a good soaking in vinegar. It's temporarily been in my 55 gallon that has been a bit of a train wreck as far as algae goes. I love this nano power head! Sorry for the bad picture quality. Stupid glare. Lol

I think a power head would take up ALOT of space those nano power heads are bulky IMO.

Hey just a thought... May not work but just came to me. A filter maybe? Like the smallest aqua clear for movement? It wouldn't take up space inside.

Agreed about the bulkyness...think I found one to replace that's 80 gph (the one that comes with is 40) ..

image-3004048893.jpg

Jmay- thanks but that is the exact pump I struggled with. The section of overflow I need to fit something in is 2" x 2"... Yikes! I tried modding and adjusting just couldn't make it work... 8-/

Jmay- I jumped the gun... Mine was a 180 gph hydor pump not powerhead.. What r the dimensions of that?

Jmay- thanks but that is the exact pump I struggled with. The section of overflow I need to fit something in is 2" x 2"... Yikes! I tried modding and adjusting just couldn't make it work... 8-/

Eek. I guess it might be a little big. But I think it would work. They're 24.99 on bulkreefsupply.

Those lights are awesome! Sucks about the filter. At least you didn't blow a bunch of money. Always a gamble on something like that.

Didn't even see this post! Thanks, and I agree about the gamble but what can ya do...

What would be a good coral starter pack and what's the best website to go to?

Never used them. Can't comment :)

Ok cool... So you do all your corals from LiveAquaria? I almost want to just go to my LFS so I dont have to deal with a shipping headache.. How long should I wait before adding corals you think??

Ok cool... So you do all your corals from LiveAquaria? I almost want to just go to my LFS so I dont have to deal with a shipping headache.. How long should I wait before adding corals you think??

Most are from my LFS. Some (few) are from LA. No issues to report. I added corals as soon as I was cycled lol. I'm impatient :)

Liveaquaria does a great job. My brother orders from them regularly. Never had a problem with their shipping. Plus you'll get WAY more for your money. If you save up and spend $225 your shipping is free.

Back
Top Bottom