Fort's 12 Gallon Long Rimless Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And the panel installed. It looks good.

On a side note my wife is thrilled with the state of the dining room table.

Attachments

• image-2794732312.jpg
    image-2794732312.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 139
  • image-122589320.jpg
    image-122589320.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 147
  • image-1195397676.jpg
    image-1195397676.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
And the panel installed. It looks good.

On a side note my wife is thrilled with the state of the dining room table.

Yeah, I'll bet she's ecstatic. Haha. I can't say anything bad about it because right now my dining room table is completely covered with decoupage stuff. Haha To each his own. :)

Yes, I am very pleased. It looks presentable.

My stand parts are supposed to ship early next week - I talked with them yesterday. Still no word on my dang controller, and no return phone call or emails from boostLED. I am starting to get concerned.

We are only talking about 1.3 amps max per driver so this can be a pretty light duty cord right?

Anyone ever just wire all drivers to the same cord? Would that make sense?
I have ten of the meanwell drivers and rapid led told me it was no problem to run them all on one cord

I did put all mine on individual cords but all plugged into one power bar ran off one cord. I am using 2 dim4 controllers to controll everything.

Ok controller got here and works like a champ. 2 of the 3 channels are hooked up. I had to get a replacement driver for the last channel because the potentiometer for SVR2 was stripped. It will arrive Friday.

Frame parts probably won't be here till next week yet so it still won't go over the tank for several days.

Man these things are BRIGHT at 100% intensity. White and blue strings work like a champ. Royal blue will be the last one.

Attachments

• image-192531960.jpg
    image-192531960.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 186
  • image-4211996572.jpg
    image-4211996572.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 190
  • image-421180815.jpg
    image-421180815.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 169
So my frame parts actually shipped earlier in the week and they showed up today. That was a nice surprise. The 3rd driver also showed up.

Overall I am very pleased with the outcome. There is a bit of spotlighting especially up higher on the rocks, but I think it actually looks kind of neat.

These pics are with all 3 channels at 50% intensity.

img_2409041_0_d0a082a5a5dc8351acfef70bca6be303.jpg

img_2409041_1_bc054bfed11f118c61fc1bc736af2846.jpg

Thanks scottyhorse! I am very pleased with how it turned out. It was all a little bit intimidating at first, but it came together pretty easily with some advice from Ziggy, and some documentation from Rapid LED. They have some top notch service and customer support. I would recommend them to anyone. I did have the 1 issue with that 1 driver, but RapidLED fixed it right away.

Last edited:
Wow that looks sweet! I've got an mp10 and LEDs also. The more you can agitate the surface the more shimmer you get.

Thanks! I run LEDs on my larger tank as well, and get some shimmer, but with this shallow tank the shimmer is crazy.

Ahh so this is where the 12L went. Oh how I miss the iwagumi it once was... I know almost nothing about SW. But I must say, this is looking like some mighty fine work Justin! Now I see why most other LED's out there are child's play! Following :)

Thanks for the props J! I had faith that you would be more than able to build a nice looking light! The setup looks great! I notice spotlighting when I have my LEDs at lower intensity as well. As my RKE ramps them up that goes away. I don't know if that will work for you in this tank or not. I'm impressed with how nice and clean the tank and light looks. Very well done!

Now get some corals in there!

It's comin. I have to decide what to put in the tank... for now I am just letting it run at temperature to make sure there are no organics coming off the rock. It is the reefsaver dry rock from BRS, so it is pretty clean, but just want to make sure. In a day or 2, I will test for NH4/NO3, and make sure they are both 0.

Back
Top Bottom