Future 40b build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

10gal_nano

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 10 gallon nano reef that I would like to upgrade. My birthday is coming up and I would like to know what to get.

- 40 gal breeder $40
- hob filters? How many and what size?
- powerheads how many and what size?
- can I get dry rock an Seeger it with the rock from my 10?
- lights?
- have a heater
Anything else? Thanks!

10 gallon nano reef

I have a 10 gallon nano reef that I would like to upgrade. My birthday is coming up and I would like to know what to get.

- 40 gal breeder $40
- lights?
- have a heater
Anything else? Thanks!

10 gallon nano reef

If you want to go the hob route, I'd say an ac70 and a hob skimmer would work great (I would go with either a reef octopus or an eshopps for the skimmer). Power heads are up to you but I love my mp10, and have heard great things about the jaebos wp's. An mp10 or wp10 and a korillia 600-800 on the other side would work great. Yes to the rock question, but you may want to soak the dry rock in some sw for a few weeks to make sure it's not leaching any phosphates. I answered your light question in other thread.

- 40 gal breeder $40
- lights?
- have a heater
Anything else? Thanks!

10 gallon nano reef

Well first off, happy early birthday :).
The hob filter depends on your plan. If you want Clams and SPS, I'd recommend a sump and an in sump skimmer for that.
However, a normal mixed reef a HOB skimmer and Filter will do. An AC110 would be great.

For Powerheads, I'd recommend two Wp-10's or WP-25's. Great Powerheads, especially for a budget!

Yes, dry rock from any company will be fine. Seeding it is even better.
There are several places right by you to order rocks from. Reefrocks in Okeechobe, and Marco Rocks In Ft. lauderdale I believe.

You'll need 100-150watt heater for this tank.

Lights, one Tao panel will allow for anything In the middle, but only low light corals 6" from the side. Two would be enough for anything anywhere.

Well first off, happy early birthday :).
The hob filter depends on your plan. If you want Clams and SPS, I'd recommend a sump and an in sump skimmer for that.
However, a normal mixed reef a HOB skimmer and Filter will do. An AC110 would be great.

For Powerheads, I'd recommend two Wp-10's or WP-25's. Great Powerheads, especially for a budget!

Yes, dry rock from any company will be fine. Seeding it is even better.
There are several places right by you to order rocks from. Reefrocks in Okeechobe, and Marco Rocks In Ft. lauderdale I believe.

You'll need 100-150watt heater for this tank.

Lights, one Tao panel will allow for anything In the middle, but only low light corals 6" from the side. Two would be enough for anything anywhere.

Thanks! If only I can convince my dad... Lol

10 gallon nano reef

Back
Top Bottom