Galaxea coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kakkback

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just got a soft ball sized galaxea coral today. Would like to know how it grows and would he like sand bed or live rock. I would like him to grow on my Lr. could I do that or can it? 28g jbj

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Keep it a good distance away from other corals. They have quite long sweepers and a nasty sting. They grow by encrusting over the rock with new skeleton

I have heard about the sweepers. Right now I have him in the middle of the sand bed. I was just wondering if he would do better on LR?

It's fine on either IME, but it will probably be easier to isolate on the sand bed

Mine gets 4-6" sweepers every so often. Sand bed or rock is fine. They like a lot of flow. You should probably put it near a corner where the flow will push the sweepers towards glass and away from anything else.

Yeah I have him in front away from everything. I still haven't seen the sweepers come out much. The only thing I'm worried about is the rbta I have I don't know who would win. I hope it is healthy looks good but I tested the water from the Lfs nitrates was 40 ppm and they had him for 8 months.

Back
Top Bottom