gobby for 2 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOMA

Aquarium Advice Addict
i want to eventually put a gobby into my 2 gallon but i was wondering what is the hardiest and the best gobby to put in it? are there any other fish that will be good in it?

thanks,
joma

Not sure if a Goby could go in a tank that small. You could try a Goby that doesn't move that often like the Red Striped Goby (Trimma cana). Just make sure your tank is stable before adding any fish/ inverts (Smaller tanks are harder to keep parameters stable).

Not sure if a Goby could go in a tank that small. You could try a Goby that doesn't move that often like the Red Striped Goby (Trimma cana). Just make sure your tank is stable before adding any fish/ inverts (Smaller tanks are harder to keep parameters stable).

oh it wont be for at least 2 weeks before i add fish, im making sure my tank is completely stable and can cycle a lot of ammonia (close to 5-6ppm) in a day. saltwater fish are pricey so im making sure my tank is completely stable.

Why not start with some inverts first before fish? Are you planning on adding any coral?

Why not start with some inverts first before fish? Are you planning on adding any coral?

coral eventually and yeah, i was planning on getting some snails and maybe a hermit crab before fish

i will call my LFS and ask what kinds of gobbys they have then i will post that tomorrow.

If you look on Live Aquaria under Nanofish, you can set preferences on the side, like tank size and fish size, and you can find little tiny gobies.
I do second yellow clown and red striped gobies, though. :)

Before for i decide on going no fish in my pico I was looking at a Twin Spot goby or a Catalina Goby, they are both small, peaceful and cool looking. I would really advise against getting a fish in that small of a tank. But if you are going to gobys are probably the "best" fish for that size tank

two spots get somewhat big..

but yeah i'm with the YCG or a trimma, me and jenatron saw a trimma the other day, man those guys are tiiiiiiiiiiny! the only reason we saw it was because we were looking in a very small DT at our lfs at a YCG

2G is too small for fish IMO. Even clown gobies... Stability is just too questionable.

Badfish- Catalina gobies are cold water fish and not suitable for a small tank.

They need territory and maintaining lowered stable temps in a small tank is even harder than maintaining tropical temps.

Back
Top Bottom