gobie stuck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clark4feathers

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a gobie I cannot get out of the rear chamber. After taking out my sponges yesterday I noticed my missing gobie in the rear chamber. I am looking for ideas to get him out. Chamber to small for a net.

it is small only a 12 gallon tank....I will probably have to try that. he keeps managing to swim under the wall of the next chamber. He is pretty fast

So that's where the gobie went. I was reading your other posts, he's been missing for a while. I wonder what he's been eating?

I would try and use a ziplock bag. Use the two chaimbers to your advantage. Put the bag in one chaimber with the opening facing the gab in the wall between chaimbers. Then stick you hand in the non-bag chaimber to spook him under the wall into the other chaimber. He should swim right into the bag and you can pull it out with your other hand.

ahhh, good question he comes and goes...but this time he has been gone for awhile. Usually I will find him resting on the filter sponge. I give it a slight pull and he jumps into the tank. this time he managed to get underneath the sponge.

For future ref., suck it out with a hose into a container. If that doesn't work grab a coat hanger and stab it until it floats to the surface...or gets stuck to a return intake and then pull the pump out :)

lol just get a diameter hose larger than the goby and siphon it out ;)

Newbies are easy to shock! LOL

For future ref., suck it out with a hose into a container. If that doesn't work grab a coat hanger and stab it until it floats to the surface...or gets stuck to a return intake and then pull the pump out :)

When I first read this I sat here like :shocked!:

LOL

Hope the gobie is safe and back where he belongs.

nope. He ended up carpet surfing after a long attempt to get him out. I lost him. He just did not like staying in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom