going to 100gal from 12g Nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

got bait?

Aquarium Advice FINatic
If I have................
two big Eheim canister filters
100 lbs of LR
2" bed LS
Protein Skimmer
CF 95W daylight 10,000K
CF 95W Blue
and only keep shrooms, polyps, zoo's
various hermits and snails............
Will (should) I still need a sump. I will do it if I need to for the survival of the tank, but I would like to take the simpler route if possible. I already have lioghts, pumps, and skimmer I am not going to have fish.

I am not going to have fish

No fish?

IMO you need some more light. You dont need a sump but personally I thinik they make things simpler. With two canister filters thats alot of plumbing and cleaning.

I do plan on getting some more lighting. This is just what the tank came with. My neighbor had some sharks and whell, things just got a little too messy for him. I couldn't turn down the price. I want to avoid taking off the canopy, it is a very nice custom tank and hood ($2500) I got it for $350 with pumps-lights-skimmer-the works.The tank is 51" wide, how much lighting could I get in there without going MH? The light fixture JBJ has built in fans as well as two 3 inch fans in the hood. I would just like to keep it as aesthetically pleasing as possible. My wife knows what I'm getting into and she's scared, deservingly so.

JBJ is the bottom of the pile for lighting. I would look into custom sea life first and if you cant get that then go coralife but Jali and JBJ are bottom of the barrel for lights. Even on a nano.

What makes them the bottom of the line. Is it the bulbs or the fixture. Figured a 96w bulb by all manufacturers would be the same. the only thing I could see that could be different would be the fixture and ballast. Could another manufacturers bulb rated at the same wattage be brighter?

I meant the jbj's as an all in one package. If youre not going to have corals then its kind of trivial to be spending a ton on halides etc. Check out marinedepot they have good deals on custom sea life and the aqualights

Have plenty of powerheads. I was thinking of just adding a 250W MH screw in, just to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom