GoldieLocks 24gal Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes you can frag (easy to do)and most likely will have to Im thinking GSP on the back wall an open brain and some Zoa's and some mushrooms for my 5g

Course you could Goldie, if it get too large for your liking. :)

I hate to be a downer on the anenome but that's the blunt answer, beautiful creatures though.

Like the wazoo huh? I got uber loads of more americanism sayings or at last carey sayings. LOL

Just stating the facts as I see em, nems are realy pretty and all but most are left best to the oceans.

You could easily frag it if it gets too much for your tank, they are quite resilient.

Grizz, you've got help with the fragging. As in tell me what to do! Because I don't wanna be killing anything.

And thank you Carey, I do really need the honest opinions, I really don't want this to mess up! :)

WOOT WOOT. Today I sold my other fish tanks!! :) The money I have got from them will be going towards this fish tank. I will have to RESTRAIN myself not to buy anything else in the mean time ;)

Really struggling between two black and white clowns or just common ones...? There is a difference in price and one brings more colour then the other... PLUS these will be my centre fish. DECISIONS DECISIONS. Lol.

If anybody is wondering, here are the two tanks I sold. I know everyone loves pictures :)

So wait... Fragging corals is like trimming plants? How do you go about "fragging" corals?

Hey I was just reading through. Thought I would throw my opinion into the mix.

Sexy shrimp are my absolute favorite. I work at a place called aquarium adventure and we get them in all the time and they are very hit and miss. My sexy shrimp is always out on the rocks dancing for me lol and that in a 36. But I've also seen some that like to hide alot so when you go to look to buy one just see if they are out and about or not. Very good choice though!!

Aww, thank you! I love having peoples opinions. How many do you think I would be able to have in a 24gal? I also really like the sound of Cleaner Shrimp.

Personally, I like the b&w's even though mine just both died. I thought they were worth the extra money but I don't know what they go for over there, prices are sometimes wacky over seas. You could also look into designer clowns, here's a link with some for reference. I'm partial to the black ice and the midnights myself. LOL

Saltwater Clown Fish - Aquatic Connection

Fragging some corals can be very easy some not as easy. I would check out utube and see the videos people make. It seems very easy. lol

Wow, those black Ice ones are nice! I quite like the premium picasso. But NO WAY would I ever pay that much :(

Clown Fish - Aquatics to your Door Heres a site I have to work with... havent used them before but apparently they are good.

You see..i dont actually have a pet store around me that I trust. I will just have to keep on going in again and again till I find the fish I like I guess. Kinda sucks though..

And Carey, yes.. I can't believe that happened to your tank :( I think I will quarantine my fish now :/

Umm they stay small so I'd say you could do 2. But I'm not positive on that. Anyone else know about the sexy shrimp?

Ya that's what I was gonna say they should be fine with 2 or three

here's a long but info loaded vid this guy knows what he's doin.ReefTube - Eric Borneman on Coral Fragging
Im looking into some of these for my 5g
Mini-Carpets: The Perfect Small Sea Anemones? | Coral Magazine

Ahh, thank you. That anemone is soo colourful! And talking of the devils, it seems that sexy shrimp love it! Reading up on it, I am pretty sure now that I won't have anemones. I don't want anything to be eaten! Lol.

Guys, do you mean 2-3 sexy shrimp? or Cleaner Shrimp?

AND, lol, sorry. It has been decided (not on my part, but life is unfair) that we will have common clown fish. Might get designer like you said Carey! My brothers would like Nemos...

Oh right. Hmm. If I had 3 sexy shrimp and a cleaner shrimp...? That would be all the shrimps I could have. Would I be able to have a Blue legged hermit crab aswell? Or am I stretching it?

Ya hermit crabs are fine. You'll need a couple hermit crabs and snails for your cleanup crew anyways

Guys! Sorry, I haven't been around. I have been reading tons though! I've learnt alot and I can't wait to get started. There has been a delay with getting my tank, the supplier doesn't have it in stock at the moment, but apparently it should be here by Thursday.

Second, I need to start getting stuff for it! I don't want to bulk buy, it feels like it burns a hole in my pocket a little more.

The things I NEED to buy to get it running at least:

Refractomer
Ro unit. Have TONS of questions about that.
Sea Salt
5g Buckets

For now..

And then after that, it will be the sand and live rock. Then test kits! I'll get API to start off with. Then I will gradually get more Saliferts! :)

I have also found loadss of fish that I like. I still want to keep with:

2 Ocellaris clown fish

1 x cleaner shrimp

1 x Blue legged hermit (or an electric blue if i can find one)

CUC

1 X Yellow Banded Possum Wrasse- Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Yellow Banded Possum Wrasse

1 X Catalina Goby- Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Catalina Goby

And could I maybe squeeze in.... Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Firefish, Purple

Totally understand if I cant :)

Thankss! :)

Back
Top Bottom