GoldieLocks 24gal Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you so much for that information RicksReef and Scubasteve!! :) I really needed those questions answered. I'm sure I will have loads by the morning. It's always the last thing I think about at night. Lol.

Soo, today I got the RO going. It managed about 30 litres in 9ish hours. It seems to be getting faster too!

I filled the tank up a little bit, cleaned it with a plain cloth, it still had the new smell about it. And loads of polystyrene.

And just quickly, it is now saying that I have too many pictures, all of them are on this build thread, I don't want to delete them because it spoils it. How do I get more room...????

Heres a few pictures:

I'M GETTING THERE :) :)

Attachments

• THE BOMB PHOTOS2216.jpg
    THE BOMB PHOTOS2216.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 83
  • THE BOMB PHOTOS2217.jpg
    THE BOMB PHOTOS2217.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 88
open an acc. at photobucket it's free and it saves space on the AA server So far so good :)

Thanks Grizz.

Yep, I left it running all day and all night. Its not expensive. Lol.

Well, I've filled it all the way to the top. It's a bit noisy. But I guess I've got to let everything break in. Now I've filled it up, that's as far as I can get this month. Next month I will be getting Live Rock, Base Rock and sand.

Charterhouse Aquatics: Premium South Pacific Live Rock

Mangroves and More

Mangroves and More

Those are the bits I am going to be buying next month. On the live rock link, I am going with the 10kg of Live Rock Nano Pack.

Is 40kg Base Rock and 10kg Live Rock enough??

Attachments

• THE BOMB PHOTOS2220.jpg
    THE BOMB PHOTOS2220.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 82
How many hours did the RO take to fill it? Do you have much water wastage? I already overspend on water with my constant showering, washing up and my other tank! I'm very OCD!! Haha. Not long Togo now and you shall be there and I won't be far behind! :D

Also I have been off work today so I spent the whole day hunting the web for people with these tanks. Alot of the same problems kept appearing with the screws at the bottom of the pump, skimmer and uv sterilisers go rusty after about a month and leech metals into your tank, not good so they have said either replace these with plastic screws or use aquarium silicone over the tops of screws. That's what I'm gonna do also they say add a valve to the skimmer as it make it less noisy and works better. And the uv steriliser is apparently useless and they have all said they blow up after about a week :/ oh and don't set the lights on a timer it overworks the hood lighting and it fries according to numerous people, just telling you this incase you experience any of these issues and I clearly did too much research :/ eeek

OH MY GOSH. Now you have me really worried!! If I take out the UV sterilser do I have to replace it?! Basically, take it out. Lol. Now...cool got it. And the screws...well...poo.

Erm, yeah that is a LOT of water wastage. I had it on for a day and a half. Constant.

Omg! I'm going to have a million pound water bill lol, yeah I'd just leave the uv thing in, some people said they had no problems and i don't think anything goes wrong it just stops working bu most of the stores will send you a replacement I have learned, iv found some aquarium silicone on eBay for £3 so gonna use that on my screws :)

Ooo. You couldn't send me a link for that could you?

Can you use that to stick the rocks together aswell?

50Kg is a lot of rock over 100lbs Id go with 3-5Kg live rock and 10-12 Kg base 1 Kilogram = 2.20462262 Pounds I have 85lbs in my 90 gallon you want 1.5-2 lbs per gallon or less than 1Kg per gallon.

50Kg is a lot of rock over 100lbs Id go with 3-5Kg live rock and 10-12 Kg base 1 Kilogram = 2.20462262 Pounds I have 85lbs in my 90 gallon you want 1.5-2 lbs per gallon or less than 1Kg per gallon.

Oh wow. What a relief! I was thinking...all this rock is so expensive :( This is good news! I'll still get it from the same place. And if I still want more rock... then I'll just get it another time. I'm going on holiday next week Friday. So I will get it after I get back.

Hopefully I will be going to the fish store today so I will look at some MAYBE future fishies. I like taking pictures of them..so be prepared. Lol.

I wanna go to the fish store I have to stay away though or I'll just buy the stuff I need and my tank will be setup by tomorrow lol! Ooh yay holiday I'm going the week after! :)

Oh wow. What a relief! I was thinking...all this rock is so expensive :( This is good news! I'll still get it from the same place. And if I still want more rock... then I'll just get it another time. I'm going on holiday next week Friday. So I will get it after I get back.

Hopefully I will be going to the fish store today so I will look at some MAYBE future fishies. I like taking pictures of them..so be prepared. Lol.

Ohhhh Pics (y) Rock prices are out of hand I bought 75lbs dry and 10lbs live to seed the base Remember you can always add as needed and it doesnt need to be live, base becomes live in a short time Enjoy your holiday

I never got to the fish store :( Some family came down...

Thanks Grizz and Leighton for that info.

SO it looks like this build is on halt till I get back from holiday guys... BYE FOR NOW :)

I AM BACK FROM HOLIDAY! It was lovely! :) Going to upload a picture in the off topic bit. It was beautiful in France. I highly recommend it.

On another note, I will be ordering sand, live rock and base rock on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom