GoldieLocks 24gal Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you. I did have a little bit in there about a test kit

'And then after that, it will be the sand and live rock. Then test kits! I'll get API to start off with. Then I will gradually get more Saliferts!'

Do you think that would be alright?

Goldi I think that a bio cube is a awsome unit I have had one for 2 yrs and loveing all that you can do with it

Ya in my opinin you seem to have a good grip on what your doing. Off to a wonderful start cant wait to see it progress:)

No, the temp is listed. :)

And yes a gramma might be nice. I had one, it spends most of its time in the rocks though, least mine did

Yes, they are very popular, if I remember correctly they are kinda $$ though. You will find the perfect fish, no worries! We'll help you!

Yep. $99.99 0.o

Thanks, I appreciate it. I have some £ right now so I wanna spend some! Lol. I've been reading around a bit and it says that sometimes skimmers on a small tank such as a nano arent actually that helpful...

What do you guys think?

I wouldnt bother with the skimmer. If you do your water changes like clockwork you shouldnt have any problems. :)

I ran my 29g for awhile without a skimmer and I was just fine. The nano skimmer market is quite small as well, there arent many that are actually worth getting in my opinion.

Hey guys, I been following this thread for a while and think the tank is gonna be cool when its all up & going! Im not sure if V2 operate in the USA do they? they make a very good nano skimmer - most readily available in maidenhead aquatics I think for around £30. Kent and Lees marine also do one similar but I think they make too much wash and turbulence in the water to be effective to be honest. Frequent water changes are an option but if you were to get lazy or go on holiday etc a small tank can be very unforgiving and soon go down hill, hope this helps! :)

hiltymj said:
Umm they stay small so I'd say you could do 2. But I'm not positive on that. Anyone else know about the sexy shrimp?

They can be kept in groups.I have three plus golden banded shrimp in 3 gallon Pico.

MJ thanks!

Thanks for the input guys, the only reason I ask about the skimmer is that the nano I have bought comes with a skimmer and a UV sterilser, I don't know much about a UV though.

Also, I know this question is asked a lot 'which salt do you like the most?' and the answer is always 'it's up to you' but you must have a favourite! Lol. I'm thinking of Red Sea at least a 22kg and then I won't have to buy salt for a while.

Paulace! You also seem to be from England! Have you got a nano too? About the 'holiday' part. I am going on holiday for just over a week in August. So I thought. How about I get the cycle finished by the 27th August then I when I come back it will be all nice and settled ready for fish?

What do you guys think? :)

They can be kept in groups.I have three plus golden banded shrimp in 3 gallon Pico.

Thanks Rick, I don't think I will go with sexy shrimp. Too many people have said 'they're tiny!' Lol.

How many cleaner shrimp do you think I could have in a 24 gal?

GoldieLocks1 said:
Thanks Rick, I don't think I will go with sexy shrimp. Too many people have said 'they're tiny!' Lol.

How many cleaner shrimp do you think I could have in a 24 gal?

I would say only two to three maximum ,because of the number of fish you will have in that size tank.

Back
Top Bottom