Good or Bad Idea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr. Dai Phan

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all,

I have a 130 G tank with corals and fish. I am thinking about starting a nano tank. Here's the reason. I love to see clown fish in the anemones. The problem is they rearely last a week in my tank (anemones). They either climb into the overflow box or get sucked in the powerheads. Amazingly, they recovered after being left for dead. I would like to know if the nano tank is too small for the anemones and if it is a bad idea, how can I keep them in my main tank? Thanks DP

yeah...no good. I tried in my 20 gal, before I knew better. bad idea. You need really good lighting as well to keep an anemone. If they're constsntly moving around....something in your tank's not right. (not enough light, watedr quality's bad..etc...)

Hello all,

I have a 130 G tank with corals and fish. I am thinking about starting a nano tank. Here's the reason. I love to see clown fish in the anemones. The problem is they rearely last a week in my tank (anemones). They either climb into the overflow box or get sucked in the powerheads. Amazingly, they recovered after being left for dead. I would like to know if the nano tank is too small for the anemones and if it is a bad idea, how can I keep them in my main tank? Thanks DP

I think there is possibility depending on type of Nano (size, lighting, and equipments), expecially if near the 130. Only problem I experienced in small nano (as small as 5-1/2G) was the temp in Summer.

If you get the 34 Gallon Red Sea Max tank with HQI lighting I bet you could keep an anemone with clownfish no problem. But any smaller tank will become more and more difficult to keep the smaller you go.

Back
Top Bottom