Got a 3 gallon started and found some fun stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

duoc9119

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I got 5 lbs of live rock and 2 lbs of live sand. Its been around a few hours but I've found what looks to be bristle starfish about a dime size, and quiet a few. I can just see them poking out of various holes. I've only seen about 4-5 of them. Looked around some more and looks like a very very small red colored polyp. I have not idea if its a polyp or not, its a really small red tree like thing. maybe it will grow so i can get some pictures. Finally I think I may have scored and got a feather duster. Right now its pretty small, and a milky transparent white color. I don't see any of the "feathers" it just looks like tentacles coming out of the rock. It seems to be doing pretty well. Also found some various bug like things scurrying around.

Its quiet fun to watch but wish the cycle would go a bit quicker. :D

the red tree might be aiptasia, which you should get out of the tank ASAP.

look around here and see if you can identify anything you're looking at
Xtalreef

the red tree might be aiptasia, which you should get out of the tank ASAP.

look around here and see if you can identify anything you're looking at
Xtalreef

I looked through the link you sent and the picture on the site looked a lot like that "feather duster" like thing, not the red tree. I'm not home right now but when I do I will poke it and see what it does.

I will post pictures later tonight. I know that it has gotten a little bigger since yesterday. I will do my best to get the best quality image with the cameras I have around the house. If it is the dreaded aiptasia, I want to get rid of it as soon as possible before an invasion.

Well I searched everywhere for any info and pictures and I'm 100% sure it was an aiptasia and blasted it with boiling water. It should be pretty dead now.

Back
Top Bottom